Were can i get some KOBRA Like sights?

..... Thats were i went, THEY said they dont have anyway, and i asked for kobra LIKE sights because they dont sell any at all, they are out, and i have the email for the price listings.

Edited by Mephis

Hmm, that was the exact question I was about to ask (i.e. - does anybody else know of any place else besides Tantal's that sells the newest model Kobra sight?).

BTW, Mephis, in trying to answer your question, do you happen to get the shooters catalog put out by the Sportsman's Guide company? There are at least two multiple reticle HUD sights in there (one manufactured by the ATN company I think?) that might fit the bill. They run around $140 (not all that cheap!), but a tiny bit better pricewise than the $155 that I regularly see the Kobra advetised for. :dollar:

• 2 weeks later...

I think both multi-HUD sights they are selling come with the standard Weaver type mounting system bases (I'm not too sure about that though?), but I remember a rail advertised that attaches to the standard AK scope mounting bracket that accepts Weaver type hardware. The scopes on the Sportsman's Guide webpage I'm referring to are an Aimshot (Item # AX4A-80783) Panoramic Sight and the (supposed) Russian made AMT 4-Reticle Red Dot Ultra Sight (Item # AX4A-47868). Hope that's some help to you!

:eek: Kobra sights were designed for AK-47/ AK-74 assault rifles. They have the side rail mount on them permanently, so no extra cost there. $155 for these sights, compared to the Bushnell Halo II sight at $350 and the EO Tech at $325 makes the Kobra a bargain! :devil: you'll end up paying anywhere between $140-$400 for a HUD/ Halo sight Plus the $40-$100 you will end up paying for a side mount base with a weaver rail on it to mount other HUD type optics. :haha:

:smoke: The Kobra is better in my oppinion than the previous higher dollar sights I mentioned earlier. I have used them all and the Kobra's longevity and toughness make it probably worth ten EO tech's or Bushnell Halo's. The Kobra has a better battery to hour rate ratio than any of the other two. More hours of juice for your buck there too. :donatello:

:rolleyes: The only difference in my oppinion between the Kobra 1st Gen. and the Kobra 2nd Gen. is that the first generation takes AA batteries and the second generation takes a Camera Battery. Yes, the mounts are shaped different and the sight toggles are switched from the left(1st gen.) to the right on the 2nd gen. Kobra. :lolol:

The 1st and 2nd generation Kobras are real McCoy's where as some of the NEWER 3rd gen. Kobra's on the market are fakes of the New 3rd. gen. Kobra and they have major problems. Beaware of this 3rd gen. trickerie, Also the 3rd. gen and the weaver mount Kobra's have serious problems with there brightness control toggle switches. :unsure: Check this forum for that issue, I know that I have talked about it in detail before. I believe that the Russians, rather Belarussians knowing the catching popularity of the Kobra's produced this low budget, cheap piece of junk for us to waste our money on. Buy the 1st gen. and 2nd gen. models instead!

:dollar: Last thing you probably should be buying if you are having an issue with the Price of the Kobra, better leave that up to some one who could actaully used it effectively and is not concerned with the mere $155 a Kobra costs. The market is drying up and somebody who really doesn't need one should let others who could put it to good use buy the last ones in the US up! :dollar:

You get my drift? :super:

-Rock47 :sadam::killer:

Edited by rock47

So, what do you have to say about what rock47 wrote Makc?. I think in Makc's review, he said hold out for the third generation (or EKP-1S-03) of the Kobra. I believe thats the version he said doesn't need the funky batteries (and has the re-designed on/off switch). So, guys, which version of it is really the best one? :huh:

:rolleyes: Like I said beaware of the 3rd gen. mockery. Trust me it's a scam! YES! there is a NEW third generation KOBRA, but you can't get it! They are mostly slotted and allocated for Russian Spec-ops and front line units. There's a 99% chance if you buy a NEW 3rd gen. Kobra it will end up being one of these cheap Belarussian kock-offs.

I have used and owned them all, YES! Even the fake one, I was dooped too! :cryss:

They are basically all the same with only slight ergonomic differences. It's like the difference between Plum plastic AK furniture and Black plastic furniture. Just cosmetics man! :blues:

I currently own the 1st and 2nd generation Kobra, I sent booth my third Gen's back. One was the weaver rail mount and the other was the standard side mount set-up.

But hey, Go find out for yourself! :haha: TOLD YOU SO! Will be my final answer!

:eek::killer:

Edited by rock47

Hi rock47,

Hey, I hope I didn't come off sounding like I was doubting you, bro! :D. As a former owner of all three different types of Kobra sights, you're probably the man to talk to if you are ever in the market for one.

So, (since I do agree with you that the third (good!) EKP-1S-03 version of the Kobra sight seems nigh impossible to get now), which model (generation 1 or 2) based on your experiences with them would you recommend getting then?

Thanks for any info! :up:

i have one, i ordered it from www.freedomoptics.com

it's this one EKP-1S-03M (i dont know what gen it is but it works for me)

http://www.freedomoptics.com/comersus/stor...p?idProduct=101

anyways, i like it very much. excellent for day or night. i dont know much about it though, and i haven't used it for a while. havent been hunting for quite a while

Edited by JesusCow

Hi JesusCow,

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately, (like with Tantal's) they claim to be out of stock right now on them too. :(

BTW - (talking about Tantal & optics) has anyone else had any problems logging on to the AK-47.net forums the last two days (besides me?). :unsure:

Edited by Gaddis