DPH or MAA Skeleton Stock

Alright y'all,

I've got to order my final part for my conversion - the stock. I believe I've narrowed it down to either the DPH skeleton stock or the MAA skeleton stock.

Anybody compared the two side by side? Advantages/disadvantages to either?

Also, I'd like the option to put on a cheek weld on whatever stock I get. Can't imaging that a thin piece of metal on your face would make for a fun day of shooting, but I could be wrong.

FYI, I'm 5'9" and a pretty stocky 200 lbs if that plays into the equation at all.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Edited by txaggie929

FWIW, I picked up the DPH (which I mounted on a non push button Ace folder) a few months back, just because I liked the DPH appearance a bit more and Greg at CSS was running a sale on them at the time.

If I'm not mistaken the MAA stock takes the slip-on AR-15 type butt pads. The DPH stock takes the screw-on Ace pads (which I prefer).

+1 on the Ace pads. I like the DPH stock myself. It also comes pre drilled and ready for QD sling swivels and there are at least a couple of different cheek rests that will go on it. Top quality stock.

post-1293-043720900 1275491263_thumb.jpg

Here is the cheek rest I put on mine. Got it from DPH at a gun show. I believe CSS also carries another one that fits.

post-1293-057947400 1275491328_thumb.jpg

Is there a way to mount a Limbsaver pad easily to the DPH stock? I need a better folder on my S-12. I threw a Tapco folder on during the conversion just so I could prove it had a folder on it, if push came to shove during the Great Uncertainty-- that thing is hard, and I always did like the look of the Lange-type stocks. Meaning absolutely no disrespect to the guys at MAA, but I've done business with Scott before, and have no problem sending him my money. Now I need to get past the OMIGOD :cryss: aspects of cutting off my stock trunnion.

Since no one has the MAA stock it seems, i'll give my 2 cents. I've had the stock on my Saiga for about 9 months now and love it. It's a purty product and I'm sure either choice would make the owner very happy. BUT, the MAA doesnt come predrilled for the QD slings :( that is actually a very nice touch for the DPH.

Could someone correct me if i'm wrong, but does the Ace push-button folding mech come predrilled? Or is it the non-push button?

Enjoy your soon to be sweeter Saiga :beer:

Is there a way to mount a Limbsaver pad easily to the DPH stock? I need a better folder on my S-12. I threw a Tapco folder on during the conversion just so I could prove it had a folder on it, if push came to shove during the Great Uncertainty-- that thing is hard, and I always did like the look of the Lange-type stocks. Meaning absolutely no disrespect to the guys at MAA, but I've done business with Scott before, and have no problem sending him my money. Now I need to get past the OMIGOD :cryss: aspects of cutting off my stock trunnion.

The DPH stock will accept ACE stock buttpads with no problem. I looked into doing a Limbsaver as well, but read that the 1" ACE pad does a fine job of soaking up recoil.

I was at the range a few days ago and put 35 rounds of a combo buck and slug through my saiga. My ace 1" did a fine job with the recoil. I could have shot a couple hundred more but the wallet wouldn't allow that!!