Hey guys,

I did a full 922r conversion on my Saiga 7.62x39mm. The first time out I function tested it with a magazine or two and everything worked fine. The second time out I noticed that my trigger wasn't resetting -- after I pulled it the gun would fire, but in order to fire it again, I had to nudge the trigger forward. Sometimes it worked fine and I could make my next shot with no problems, and other times I had to nudge it to get it to reset. There has got to be a very simple explanation as to why this is happening. I'm running a custom Tapco G2 FCG by Dinzag.

Thanks for the help in advance.

My .223 did the same thing after I converted it. My trigger was catching on my pistol grip just enough to, like you said, make me have to push the trigger forward after each shot. I just looked at where it was catching and shaved a little bit off both sides of the grip with a razor knife. I'm using the Tapco SAW grip and regular Tapco FCG by the way. Hope your solution is that simple.

could it be your hammer spring legs need tweaking? they may be sliding off the trigger?

that happened to me on one of the builds i did.. i just took some needle nose pliers and bent them a little to make sure they held in place.. after that no more issues..

My .223 did the same thing after I converted it. My trigger was catching on my pistol grip just enough to, like you said, make me have to push the trigger forward after each shot. I just looked at where it was catching and shaved a little bit off both sides of the grip with a razor knife. I'm using the Tapco SAW grip and regular Tapco FCG by the way. Hope your solution is that simple.

Ditto on my experience. Easy to fix with file.

how are you guys getting your SAW grip so close to the trigger? Is your grip nut angle towards the trigger or away when installing SAW grip? I may have to look at how i install mine. The front leading edge of my grip just barely cover rear portion of trigger guard.

how are you guys getting your SAW grip so close to the trigger? Is your grip nut angle towards the trigger or away when installing SAW grip? I may have to look at how i install mine. The front leading edge of my grip just barely cover rear portion of trigger guard.

use a dremel or a utility knife with a steady hand to remove a little excess material from the grip where it rests against the trigger guard.

could it be your hammer spring legs need tweaking? they may be sliding off the trigger?

Mine trigger stick/lock up when the springs did this. It would act like it was always in the "pulled" position. I'd check that, 30 second fix.

thats exactly what i was thinking,a little bend to get to stay further to the side will do it.just whenever you bend it the way you want dont put it back togeather and test fire,instead leave the cover and bolt/carrier out and pull the trigger several times quickly and tilt the gun from side to side while doing so to make sure it doesnt slide back against the trigger.

I just didn't push my grip all the way forward so the front grip edges would surround the rear of trigger guard.

I don't understand what you're saying. I pushed my SAW grip all the way forward and the front edge of the grip is a good 1/8 inch forward of the back of the trigger guard.

Everything works fine.

Maybe its and individual weapon thing. If you view some of the converted pics in the gallery the SAW has a recess where the trigger guard should probably be close to flush against. I loosened my grip nut screw pushed a little harder and the grip slide a little bit more forward so that recess butted up against the rear of the trigger guard. Tighten the grip nut down. Before i didn't notice and mine was perfectly fine in the same position yours is.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2587

see how the grip is not behind the rear of the trigger guard.