So I am talking to some guy about saigas and what not and mention that they dont have a large parts market.

He then proceeds to tell me I dont knwo what I am talking about and that Saigas have possibly the largest parts market out of any AK variant...

So whats the deal? I am assuming this guy is a fool...or I am the fool but from my understanding a lot of parts are not compatible with the rifle like bolts, bolt carriers, extractors, firing pins other than the 5.45 pin and all sorts of stuff I am forgetting...

Will someone just let me know whats up?

My understand is that most the AK parts kits will not work for a saiga...if that is what you are asking.

I am not sure what you are all talking about.. maybe I am TOTALLY missing something...

with the proper conversion a Saiga will take AK magazines..

there are AK muzzle devices that fit..

AK furniture fits..

AK triggers fit...

hell even the AK gas tube fits?

so I am not sure what parts you guys are referring to..

My understand is that most the AK parts kits will not work for a saiga...if that is what you are asking.

I am not sure what you are all talking about.. maybe I am TOTALLY missing something...

AK furniture fits..

AK triggers fit...

"parts kits" not parts for conversion of your rifle.

as in some thing like This. In other words replacement parts/kits.

Edited by Chevyman097

AK furniture fits..

AK triggers fit...

Ah ok missed that in the first post...

AKs don't break.. so i dont think you will ever have an issue with needing a new bolt carrier.. lol

AK furniture fits..

AK triggers fit...

AKs don't break.. so i dont think you will ever have an issue with needing a new bolt carrier.. lol

Yep and for the price of saigas you can buy a new one then convert. I dont see parts being a problem for me unless Saigas go away, I dont see that happening any time soon, but I would prepare if I felt the need.

Im not sure if this is the parts the poster was speaking of, it was kind of vague. But parts kits came to mind. Other than replacement kits, Siagas do have a large market for conversion and accessories. If that is what he is refering to. Although....I guess it all depends on what ones interpretation of large may be.

Edited by Chevyman097

I was speaking of replacement parts...I suppose the guy I was talking too could of thought I was talking about a conversion...

But from what I understand You can not put in regular AK bolts and shit like that...I am not worried about it I have only shot a few thousand rounds out of my rifle so I probably have a at least 5 more years till something breaks but by then there will probably be saiga parts on the market.

I just wish that there where readily available parts for it...but at least saigas are cheap (for now).

I am with you. It seems RAA is missing a market niche

its hard to make money selling replacement parts for something engineered so well that it RARELY fails..

I'm guessing that you have never had a run in with murphy's law, you know that one that says any thing that can go wrong will go wrong and will do so at the worst possible time. It would rather have an extra bolt, springs, fireing pin stuff like that just in case, what happens if you get in a car accident and you rifle favorate rifle is damaged slightly bending your BCG? It would be nice to be able to get a replacement one.

its hard to make money selling replacement parts for something engineered so well that it RARELY fails..

I'm guessing that you have never had a run in with murphy's law, you know that one that says any thing that can go wrong will go wrong and will do so at the worst possible time. It would rather have an extra bolt, springs, fireing pin stuff like that just in case, what happens if you get in a car accident and you rifle favorate rifle is damaged slightly bending your BCG? It would be nice to be able to get a replacement one.

murphy runs ARs

• Like 1

murphy runs ARs

LMFAO!

PERFECT POST! :smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

murphy runs ARs

LMFAO!

PERFECT POST! :smoke:

That maybe true but he still plays with AKs