It's a really good simulation, but the "mindset" they were talking about isn't right, because they know it's not real.

That can work both ways..........if they train like they fight, and do it often enough, many will automatically respond to a similar circumstance the same way, without thinking. If they paused to think about it, they'd probably respond differently. For some, it's only when someone really gets hurt that reality sets in.

Neat. But I have a couple of observations.

1. You can't simulate or replicate the smell of blood. It's not just blood either. Sometimes it's blood, shit, vomit and burnt meat all rolled into one hot sticky mess.

2. What a fucking waste of money. If you survive the first few seconds of an ambush or ied attack, chances are good you'll figure out real quick what you need to do next. (Hint: seek cover)

I can only imagine what the hollywood company is charging the military or the government (which eventually means us). That money would have been better off spent hiring a bunch of German hookers and flying them into FOBs.

Just my two cents.