how to install a DIY trigger guard

anyone have the directions on how to install one of these or a video? I googled and didnt find anything. Also who has the best one?

thanks

They install using the holes already drilled from the bottom receiver plate that you removed. Place the DIY trigger guard into place and screw it down. Loctite is recommended. There will probably be a longer screw and two small screws. The longer screw is used with the washer (also included) at the rear of the trigger guard. The shorter ones are installed at the front and middle holes. Start in the middle and work your way out when installing the screws.

Edited by sapper1371usmc

Remove the factory guard, place DIY unit over original rivet holes with selector stop towards the front of the weapon, install screws from inside the reciever, and use blue Loctite on screw threads. It's ridiculously easy and straightforward. Getting the old guard and plate off is the hardest part. Put a couple of layers of masking tape around the rivet areas of the original guard and grind the heads off of the rivets. Just do it.

Look in the 'stickies'. Lots of good info there :smoke:

ETA: Congratulations. Admitting the factory stock and trigger set sucks is the first step to recovery.... uhh.... restoration :lolol:

Not to offend any of you hardcore factory setup guys, but it is true. Sorry :unsure:

Edited by evlblkwpnz

instead of spening money on a DIY trigger guard, I just reused the factory one from a tutorial here on the site, it's just as good as the DIY and a lot cheaper, since it was already bought and paid for :D

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

instead of spening money on a DIY trigger guard, I just reused the factory one from a tutorial here on the site, it's just as good as the DIY and a lot cheaper, since it was already bought and paid for :D

I like the factory guard too. I haven't had one fail or come loose yet.... 10-32 button head allens, tapped reciever, and blue Loctite.

I will say that some of the DIY units look nice, but the grip attachment is what I can't get past on most of them. It just doesn't seem right. They do there job well for what they are intended to do.... just not my thing.

ETA: Matthew,

We must be distant cousins because I'm one cheap bastard too ;)

Edited by evlblkwpnz