I was just doing a function check with some snap caps from numerous magazines. The bolt would either stop an half an inch before being completely forward, or it would go forward completely and get stuck causing me to have to remove the spring, and use a mallet to hammer it out. However, when I pull the magazine toward me as I chamber, it works. However, upon trying to eject the round, the bolt won't move beyond the magazine. It would appear that maybe as CAI they filed something down too much? Everything was perfect, but now I'm hit with this snag =[ Anyone else experience this?

Edit: Here's a picture of when I tried chambering a live round. It's the round on the left, and notice how the tip of the round has been ground down. That was after two attempts and the bolt carrier getting stuck.

post-25308-077209600 1278228203_thumb.jpg

Edited by VaiFanatic90

Is that with Poly mags or Surplus Steel ones?? Did the rifle come with Poly mags (most Century ones do)??

Try with Steel/Surplus mags.. Sounds like a Mag issue to me.. IMHO..

Also check the bullet-guide and feeding.. may need to be 'edged' abit to facilitate feeding angle.. (aka knock the squared edge off abit). Maybe the bolt is hitting the BG rivet??

Got an inside pic of the receiver??

An additional tip that might help forum members ID this problem: Take the dust cover off (but leave the spring assy. in place,) and try chambering a snap-cap or dummy round (no live rounds, please!) That way, you should be able to visually see what's going on, and photograph it.

Hope that helps!

Edited by MN.9130

The mags are two surplus steel mags. Ones a 40 and the other is a 30. I'll post a few pictures of the inside of the receiver. I'll use my dummy Tula round since that's what I mostly shoot right now out of my rifles anyway.

Okay guys, here you go. If you have anymore picture requests, don't hesitate to ask. The first two picture are obviously without a mag of any kind. The next for pictures are all taken with the 30-round mag. In the last of the 4 pictures with the 30-rounder, the bolt is completely forward, but it's slammed shut. Had to mallet that sucker out. The last two photos are with the 40-rounder. I would have posted more, but the function check on that one actually worked today. The dummy ejected right out.

post-25308-091020300 1278271540_thumb.jpg

post-25308-005982800 1278271549_thumb.jpg

post-25308-070170300 1278271564_thumb.jpg

post-25308-080777000 1278271586_thumb.jpg

post-25308-042650800 1278271606_thumb.jpg

post-25308-007814200 1278271617_thumb.jpg

post-25308-059919000 1278271631_thumb.jpg

post-25308-026657200 1278271642_thumb.jpg

Thinking the BG needs a shave down across the entire top surface.. the right side of the BG should NOT be higher than that little lip thing on the right side.. Thats also the spot and the side where the bolt rotates and may be causing the problems. Use a round dremel CONE grind wheel maybe..

I know when I first did my BG in my 7.62x39 Saiga the bolt had to be pounded shut and pounded open due to fit.. hedgeing the BG scenerio based on that.. its obvious you have metal to metal binding going on.

Hope that helps.. Worst case you F'up the BG and have to get another for $20... or worst case would be sending back to MFG and then wait for your FFL again to process it back for you again..:cryss:

If you can post a pic of the 'left' side of the bullet guide area that may help us also..

Thinking the BG needs a shave down across the entire top surface.. the right side of the BG should NOT be higher than that little lip thing on the right side.. Thats also the spot and the side where the bolt rotates and may be causing the problems. Use a round dremel CONE grind wheel maybe..

I know when I first did my BG in my 7.62x39 Saiga the bolt had to be pounded shut and pounded open due to fit.. hedgeing the BG scenerio based on that.. its obvious you have metal to metal binding going on.

Hope that helps.. Worst case you F'up the BG and have to get another for $20... or worst case would be sending back to MFG and then wait for your FFL again to process it back for you again..:cryss:

If you can post a pic of the 'left' side of the bullet guide area that may help us also..

Will do Al, just give me a few.

Heres an AK103 bullet guide. See how the left side isn't THAT high up near that lug/rivet.. And notice the slight chamfer near the chamber face where the BOLT would rotate around normally. Maybe try to duplicate this on what you have..

post-8775-006776900 1278282612_thumb.jpg

Seems like your bolt ain't rotating and its sticking to me..

The simpler option may be to remove that BG and just get another..

Maybe others will chime in..

I just think that lil' track/gap on that side is there for a reason and why when people use that 'type' (AK103) of AK bullet guide they say to trim down the left edge and also not 'ride' the right side up to high either when installing.

Give it a few days and re-bump the post back up after the 5th.. IMHO.

The simpler option may be to remove that BG and just get another..

Maybe others will chime in..

I just think that lil' track/gap on that side is there for a reason and why when people use that 'type' (AK103) of AK bullet guide they say to trim down the left edge and also not 'ride' the right side up to high either when installing.

Give it a few days and re-bump the post back up after the 5th.. IMHO.

I'll see if I can just file the right side down somehow, it does look too high. I'm not sure how I'll do on the left, but maybe I can come up with something. I'd rather try that way than pop it out only to have to worry about putting it back in.

Try a small round chain saw file, you can get them at hardware stores. very long and thin, and can get into tight places to file out small areas. Also, a small flat chain saw raker file will help file down the flat edge where it comes over into the magwell a bit. (those look like miniture flat files). after filing down the places the bullets are catching on, take some find sandpaper and smooth it all out, and blow everything clean in there. Should fix it...

After looking at my Bulgy-74, I've decided to use it's bullet guide as a model for the wasr. It looks identical to the 103 Al posted. This gives me a physical object to refer to when I'm out doing this. But I have a chain saw file so I'll give it a try. Plenty of sand paper and emery cloth as well.

Although this has been solved. I want to add just to clarify...

The AK 100 series and newer bullet guide does not have the area on the left side that goes up because on the 100 series they started using a little rivet/nub that starts rotating the bolt. On an older rifle, any AKM, AK74 or anything really, the bullet guide goes up and has a ramp there that starts the rotation of the bolt to engage the locking lugs.