Muzzle brake recommendation

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good muzzle brake for the S12 w/ a 19" barrel? The main concern is controlling muzzle flip w/ buckshot.

Do any of the brakes really work at all? I can see them working for slugs (like rifles) because of the gas seal behind the projectile. I would think buck would have too much blow by and not have enough pressure to really keep the muzzle down. Thats just intuition though - I could certainly be wrong.

My S12 shoots OK, but I'd like to get a brake on there to shave off some time on my follow ups. I also want to help tame it to make my woman a bit more comfortable firing it.

Any recommendations or warnings would be helpful.

unfortunately there really is not alot of gas pressure at the muzzle for ports to work and the baffles would need to be large (a-la Maxrounds, or a Barret 50cal tank-brake style) to work. The muzzle attachments out there for a 12ga are mostly for looks. they work but not like a rifle brake. You won't see a 50% reduction in recoil or anything, so get one that also looks cool from any of the reputable dealers on this site. I think Carolina Shooter's Supply has a good selection.

post-8026-027699900 1278696493_thumb.jpg

Tank Style

Hah. OK. Thanks for the replies. Looks like the Mossberg 500 roadblocker brake. Not really a fan of that look .. but, I'm a big believer in function over form.

Is that a maxrounds brake?

Do these 'tank style' brakes just screw on the threads or is there more involved here?

It's a shame they have to HUGEGANTICAL to add a noticeable benefit.

ST,

That little sucker looks mean..... great job.

BTW Hi!

Thanks!!

12 gauge produces a lot of low pressure gas so it takes large surfaces to redirect it and achieve worth while benefits.

The trade off is more gas and Noise being redirected back at shooter and bystanders but the benefits are huge.

If anyone is in the Atlanta area look me up and you try it.

No, muzzlebrake made by maxrounds is this. And as i sad it's about shooter. I take this one a open it. And it works fine.

Edit:Added second picture.

That thing looks like someone tried to figure out how many milled pockets they could put on one block! :lolol:

If I was going to stick something that big on the end of a shotgun, it would be a tank brake. :smoke:

No, muzzlebrake made by maxrounds is this. And as i sad it's about shooter. I take this one a open it. And it works fine.

LOL, looks neat, but looks like an homage to the Relativity painting...

LW389.jpg

That thing looks like someone tried to figure out how many milled pockets they could put on one block! :lolol:

If I was going to stick something that big on the end of a shotgun, it would be a tank brake. :smoke:

It's made from aluminium. Not as heavy as steel. About pocket - it works and it's ok for me... ;)