New Member, Quasi New to Saigas

I've been a lurker here absorbing lots of information on the S12 platform since I picked one up last summer. Since this forum has been such a valuable tool in understanding the gun and finding accessories I figured I should join and contribute!

My S12 has been great. Since I figured out about the detents in the Gunfixr plug my gun has been solid with Federal Bulk on setting 3. That was my cue to convert it. With my current situation not really allowing me to do it myself (time, space and expertise) I sent it out to Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics. I can't wait to see it when it gets back from being "dolled up." I'll make sure to post some pics up here when she does.

Anyway, thanks for all the valuable information. I've found Rifle Dynamics, CSS, Chaos and MD Arms among others through this site and my S12 will be better for it.

Welcome, physicsnerd. :)

So when's your S-12 due back? I gotta admit I'm curious to see how she turns out.

Thanks PA and Etek.

I am not exactly sure when it will come back to me. On May 17 Jim said he thought it would be 2-3 months. I'm pretty patient though. I know that the longer he has it the less time I have to not have it tempt me (since it will be going back to my residency address and not my school address).

As soon as it arrives though I'm going to add the Chaos Tri-Rail that I picked up from Cameron during his Memorial Day sale.

So when's your S-12 due back? I gotta admit I'm curious to see how she turns out.

...As soon as it arrives though I'm going to add the Chaos Tri-Rail that I picked up from Cameron during his Memorial Day sale.

The Chaos tri-rail is a very well made piece of gear. I've got one, but it's been sitting in a drawer for awhile... basically cause Mike at LSA is too damn good at his job and made me love the factory handguard in spite of myself :D :

handguard1.jpg

...As soon as it arrives though I'm going to add the Chaos Tri-Rail that I picked up from Cameron during his Memorial Day sale.

The Chaos tri-rail is a very well made piece of gear. I've got one, but it's been sitting in a drawer for awhile... basically cause Mike at LSA is too damn good at his job and made me love the factory handguard in spite of myself :D :

handguard1.jpg

That looks really, really nice. How about the rest of it?

handguard1.jpg

That looks really, really nice. How about the rest of it?

For more pics, video, and details, I refer you to this complete write-up by Mike Rogers.

Some crappy pics taken by me of how she looks currently, (cut a little more off the stock, replaced CAA grip with MD Arms grip, re-installed non-slotted Polychoke):

stock21.jpg

mdgrip3.jpg

handguard3.jpg

64789256.jpg

I really need to remember to take some pics when I've got her out in the great outdoors, on a picturesque boulder or something.

And.. that's enough thread hi-jacking from me. This is supposed to be physicsnerd's "howdy I'm new" thread. :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic