Pistol grip and butt stock option

I have a bone stock Saiga 12 and want to begin the process of making it 922r compliant. I am limited on funds (too many expensive hobbies) and I have seen the Tapco T6 that does not require the trigger to be moved and I liked the simplicity of it however I am not sure I'm so fond of the way it looks. Are there any other options out there that don;t require the trigger to be moved? Thanks!

No, there are no good options besides a proper conversion. A proper conversion does not cost very much, maybe like $120 in parts from CSS. Most of the "bolt on" stocks cost almost as much and they don't address either reason why people convert - better balance and better trigger. If I were you I'd wait another week or two and just do a real conversion the real way.

All you need for a conversion:

-S-12 modified trigger group like a TAPCO G2

-FCG retaining plate

-AK butt stock

-trigger guard & pistol grip nut combo like the RAM STG or Tromix one, or the two components separate

-AK pistol grip

All of that comes out to like $50 more than the bolt on one, and is well worth the wait.

• Like 2

I have absolutely no gunsmithing skills or experience and to be quite honest I have never been accused of being mechanically inclined. I really don;t feel comfortable doing it myself. How much does it usually run to have it done?

I have absolutely no gunsmithing skills or experience and to be quite honest I have never been accused of being mechanically inclined. I really don;t feel comfortable doing it myself. How much does it usually run to have it done?

You should read some more posts here.

There are hundreds of folks who've declared themselves "not mechanically inclined" who've done their own conversions.

C'mon, the Afghans rebuild Kalashnikovs in mud huts with rocks for hammers, out of blown-up Kalashnikov parts - it ain't rocket science, and it doesn't require specialized tools.

IMHO, sending it out for a basic conversion is a waste of money.

Since your location isn't set, you might browse this thread and find someone willing to help you: Willing to help with conversions - Saiga-12.com

• Like 1

Same here, I was a newbie to guns and had very little mechanical knowledge of anything when I got my first Saiga. Now I can do just about anything to the gun. All the conversion is, is removing 2 pins and 3 rivets. It can be done just by watching the video, taking your time, and asking people here.

And like Nalioth said, guys BUILD these guns in the dirt with no electricity, so we have no excuses :D

• Like 1

I have a bone stock Saiga 12 and want to begin the process of making it 922r compliant. I am limited on funds (too many expensive hobbies) and I have seen the Tapco T6 that does not require the trigger to be moved and I liked the simplicity of it however I am not sure I'm so fond of the way it looks. Are there any other options out there that don;t require the trigger to be moved? Thanks!

Where are you? Maybe a member close to you can help you with it. If you don't mind coming to NE FL, I'll do it for you. Just bring the parts. I'll charge you a large coffee and a regular size Hershey's bar with almond :smoke:

• Like 1