i am a newbee ... confused

i recently bought myself a saiga 12 shotgun. im just waiting for my fbi clearance to be approved.

i wanted to use this shotgun for home defense / showpiece. im planning to get myself a 10 round magazine [definitely ] , with 00 buckshot

ive done some searching and need advice, are the conversion pieces for compliance or to improve the weapon? if they are for compliance i would like to also improve the weapon at the same time.

i am a DIY , i enjoy it.

can someone list the best parts to improve the reliability of the saiga-12?

what doe a gas port do? i see regular / twisted etc... . what is the best type/benefits?

ive found these kits on a website http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-CONVERSION-KITS-cln-SAIGA-12/Categories

are these worth it / best i can buy?

Edited by 1234567

TROMIX DIY

CAROLINA SS

what is the difference with these trigger guards?

the stocks that i like are the 1a and 4a . what i dont understaND is why there is a $12 price difference?

The stocks are actually different, had to pull up both and switch between the two, they're just different styles.

The more expensive one is longer and has a groove.

I use the Tromix guard, it works and it looks good. I haven't used the CSS so I can't say much, other than it looks beefier.

Edited by KillDozer

I have the CSS trigger guard. Its heavy duty, but its also very well made and has a very smooth finish. When I was deciding which one to get, I did a google image search on each and found out what they looked like mounted on a gun. Good luck with your conversion!

I buy the vast majority of my stuff from CSS, they're great, super fast shipping and real honest people, I didnt buy their convo kit, but I did order just about all my pieces for my conversion from them. I'm a DIYer myself and CSS provides real nice instructions too, also watch their vids, they're great for the DIYers.

Mike