SGL41 jamming w//Fioochi hull reloads

Friends,

I bought a new SGL41 and tried it out for the first time 2 days ago. With the factory 4 round mag it jammed quite a bit and I don't know if it was the gun or the shells. I'm using my own reloads of Fiocchi 3" hulls.

Also, and equally as disappointing, I loaded up my new Surefire 15 rounder with these same reloads and couldn't even get the mag into the receiver.. regardless of how many rounds I had in the mag! It seems their too long!? WTF.

So, it's either the gun is jamming or it the Fiocchi hulls. Anyone have a similar experience?

How about the Surefire 15er not fitting?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Clay

I would suggest trying out a different brand of shells(your gun may not like those) . My SGL41 feeds flawlessly with the factory mag, surefire 15rd and surefire 10rd. I haven't tried Fiocchi but Remington, Winchester, Federal, and Estate have all worked for me.

edited to add: If you are having trouble loading the mag with the bolt closed, try pulling the bolt back then inserting the mag.(your reloads maybe a tad too long though)

Edited by raidersfan_5544
  • 3 weeks later...

Get a box or two of 3" high brass loads and try that. Sounds like its most likely an ammunition issue more than anything, that that would be the best way to troubleshoot right out of the gate. Try and find a box of Federal Hi-Brass and see if it runs with that, my friends .410 and mine run best with that and Winchester 00buck and slugs.

As Raidersfan said, you have to have the bolt open to insert the magazine properly or it wont fit, or like with mine you wont be able to chamber the first round. It took me about 5 minutes and a lot of cussing before I learned that. :lol: Anyways, let us know how it goes and if anything else pops up we'll be glad to help!

Edited by The Echomaker
  • 1 year later...