USAS-12 Mag Conversion

Hello

I have yet to look at a USAS 12 mag and am considering the same thing. The sticky thing is when you modify a magazine to work in another gun especially a post ban gun it still has to fit and function in the original weapon it was intended for or you have gone and produced a new magazine so that is out of the box. I would be curios if this is possible.

IPSC_GUY sends

Who says it has to be leagal, and who said you need to leave your house with it?

nothing is illeagal if you keep it at home and dont tell anyone about it, just dont make it look very modifyed, try to make it look as clean as you can.

Mephis:

You sound like the type of person that wants to know how to make a saiga full-auto. I think most people here want to stay legal to avoid a felony conviction and the loss of all their guns and future purchasing rights. I know I do...but you do whatever you want...I believe in that right too!

:unsure: That's acctaully a really cool idea, but how do you take it apart to clean it? And if you can't take it apart could you even build it?

No, it is obvious! It can be done. Just look at a Armalite AR-10 mag. It is a modified M-14 mag and it's a high cap too. Sure they make 5 and 10 round converted mags for their AR-10's but what about those twenty rounders they sell? I have a friend who bought them from Armalite, factory direct and it will not fit or coud ever be made to fit in his M1A1(civilian M-14) with-out rewelding back on what Armalite took off in the first place to make it work in the AR-10.

I called them up and asked them how they could legally do that and they said:

1). They are not a magazine manufacturer, the Law only applies to liscenced manufacturers and not to them or us.

2). They are simply altering the magazine, not manufacturing it.

3). Law Enforcement like them.

I know, I know. :rolleyes: It sounds like hog-wash, but trust me it's true. Look at the Olympic Arms Pistol caliber uppers and look at the mags they take. Those mags are converted stem mags.

Let's remember something. It is obvious that there is a lot of misconception and a lot of brain dead idiots out there spouting off half truths, many of them are on this forum. :osama:

But less face it! If Armalite can get away with-it so can I. And if I follow the path of the argument that says that the detachable mag on a shotgun has no limit compared to the fix mag (six or less capacity) then I will be in the clear. :smoke:

IMPORTANT: YOU CAN ALTER THIS MAG TO WORK IN A SAIGA-12 WITH OUT LOSING IT'S ABILITY TO STILL BE USED IN USAS-12! :haha:

• 3 weeks later...

Saiga magazine is deep enough for 3in magnum shells and USAS mag is not as and only for 2 3/4in shells.Not easily compatible witrh a Saiga magazine to graft the two together.

USAS-12 magazines require a longer front tang to catch in a Saiga magazine well from what I have seen.

Edited by SOPMOD