Some questions about the saiga rifles

hey I understand that these rifles dont take normal ak parts, after some thread surfing I found one regarding 5.45 firing pins working in the 7.62's well I am wondering if it would work the same with some other parts, particularly extractors?

I have heard that extractors are usually the thing to break on an AK and I wanted to get a spare if I could but dont know what to get (or where to get it, but thats a problem for future me) what should I get when it comes to extractors?

also what are some other parts that break commonly on AK's? which ones should I get spares of? which ones can I get spares of?

Edited by .357

AK-1xx pattern extractors will work in a Saiga, and a forum member currently has some up for sale in the WTS section.

Now, that said...

AKs are, at the risk of stating the obvious, fairly reliable. Breakage is usually the result of poor workmanship (Not usually a Saiga issue, other makers, yes) and usually manifests very early. I don't worry about any of the small parts in my Saiga breaking. I personally do not have any spares for my internals. If something breaks on my AK... I probably have larger issues...

If you're big into having spares of everything, consider converting your Saiga to a traditional AK profile. You'll then be able to use standard AK Stocks, Pistol Grips, Fire Control Groups, Handguards, and more, depending on how motivated you get. But remember, always be mindful of 922r: An entire section of the forum is dedicated to it, and it has some EXCELLENT stickies!

Saiga rifles take AK parts very easily with minor mods that literally take minutes...for the standard AK mags, or 1-2 hours, to move the entire FCG back to original AK location.

Nothing is hard, they only moved a few things around to import them easier.

Dont believe what you hear without looking it up here on Saiga Forum..

I am not talking about converting my rifle, I am talking about replacement parts, I already did the FCG/PG conversion I have yet to do a BG but I am getting around to it.

A lot of the parts are interchangeable with AKM and/or AK-74 parts.

However, some are not, (since these are really AK-100 series weapons). E.g. if you want a spare bolt, you'll have to buy another rifle.

As others have mentioned, since critical parts on Russian Kalashnikovs break so very, very, rarely, you're not likely to need replacement parts. When it comes to standard wear-n-tear, the rifle will outlast you.

AK-1xx pattern extractors will work in a Saiga, and a forum member currently has some up for sale in the WTS section.

I seen the WTS thread and even though I know from experience that the 74 firing pins work fine the 74 extractors will likely only work flawlessly with 5.45 saigas unless they been manually reshaped for 7.62x39. I'm not sure the extractors he is selling are actual 7.62 100 series ones. If so, who is the importer? KVAR can't even get these so how the heck is anyone else getting them if they are real surplus AK103 style extractors? I honestly don't ever remember 103 cut up parts kits advertised anywhere.