pistel grip/ buttstock combo

this question is for f4d have you got some good news on the grip combo progect? I would love to hear what the ATF :ded: has come up with. I do not wont to convert my saiga over, just replace the butt stock with what you have come up with. if some body has a drop in low cost part I would like to hear about it.

Muttman, I sent info to the BATFE regarding the stock configurations over two months ago and haven't received a reply yet. Six months seems to be the response time with them. My biggest hurdle is getting a US mfg. to produce them at a reasonable cost to me that will keep the resale cost to about 60 or 70 dollars retail. That seems to be an unrealistic expectation from the US mfg. I will not go out of country on the manufacturing. Too many of our citizens have lost their jobs to foreign countries at the greed of large corporations. I didn't fight for our country just to have big business and our government sell us out. I'm probably chopping off my nose to spite my ugly face by not having China produce them but that's my take on it.

Sorry for the rant............Jerry :wacko:

post-5-1075949365.jpg

Nope, not only is it good politics to keep in country, until the ban sunsets it also helps the legality side, of them being a US made part. I hope you keep after it.

Just out of curiosity what would be the final cost to us as they quote now?

Onepoint, currently the cost would be 110.00 per butt stock plus 10.00 shipping. The forearm stocks would be 50.00 plus shipping. They would be made from Birch and ready for finishing. I'm making this one for my 762x39 to do some comp shooting.PGB2Wood_Stained_Comb.jpg

:lolol: f4d i think its a good to keep it in the US. you might try and use number of saiga owners as a sales point, there are are 4 of us at work and 2 more when there irs check comes in. and that is in the last 9 months. the gov. should have the data you would need. or you could cut out the midle man and produce (wood or composit) your self. witch sounds better consitering alot of compines are in that contry and do not pay a tax to bring the goods over. and yes I (former USN) do have a problem with china after the game that played with the US over one airplane and some good US air crew personal. your pos on feb 8 looks real good.

muttman

• 3 years later...
this question is for f4d have you got some good news on the grip combo progect? I would love to hear what the ATF :ded: has come up with. I do not wont to convert my saiga over, just replace the butt stock with what you have come up with. if some body has a drop in low cost part I would like to hear about it.

saiga makes one the combo and i think tapco also makes one the saiga one is a side folder an the other is more tactical like the extended stock on an ar 15 your gonna pay about 75 to 150 bucks