"civic journalist and activist in Haiti" raped

The scorpion and the tortoise

One day a scorpion who wanted to cross a pond found a tortoise and asked it for a lift to the other side. (scorpions can't swim.) The tortoise could hardly believe his ears. "Are you kidding me? You're a scorpion! You'll sting me while I'm swimming and I'll drown."

"My dear tortoise," laughed the scorpion, "if I were to sting you, you would drown and I'd go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?"

"Hmm. You've got a point there," reasoned the tortoise. "Hop on."

The scorpion climbed aboard and halfway across the pond, he carefully aimed his powerful stinger, gave that tortoise everything he had, and they both began to sink to the bottom.

Resigned to his fate, the tortoise turned to his attacker and said, "Do you mind if I ask you something? You said there was no logic in your stinging me. Why in the world did you do it?"

"It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion replied. "It's just my nature!"

I have no sympathy for Haiti, or do-gooders who try to interfere to make themselves feel influential.

They get what's coming to them.

If you must go to that island, go to the Dominican Republic.

Just let Haiti self destruct.

• Like 1

One day a scorpion who wanted to cross a pond found a tortoise and asked it for a lift to the other side. (scorpions can't swim.) The tortoise could hardly believe his ears. "Are you kidding me? You're a scorpion! You'll sting me while I'm swimming and I'll drown."

"My dear tortoise," laughed the scorpion, "if I were to sting you, you would drown and I'd go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?"

The scorpion climbed aboard and halfway across the pond, he carefully aimed his powerful stinger, gave that tortoise everything he had, and they both began to sink to the bottom.

Resigned to his fate, the tortoise turned to his attacker and said, "Do you mind if I ask you something? You said there was no logic in your stinging me. Why in the world did you do it?"

"It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion replied. "It's just my nature!"

I have no sympathy for Haiti, or do-gooders who try to interfere to make themselves feel influential.

The problem is that the US has never left Haiti alone. We back the Devolie holdouts and we forced Aristide into exile. Our foreign policy has been fucking them over long before and with much worse consequences than any natural disaster could have...

As for the article, I am not sure what to make of it.

Edited by bigsal

Haiti needs to figure its shit out on its own, or perish on its own. I have a saying that I've been using for years that seems about right:

You can't save someone who doesn't want to be.

Thats the problem, the US and the French have been interfering in Haitian affairs for some time. Our leaders policies have literally backed mass murdering thugs and helped oust their democratically elected leader.

The problem is that the US has never left Haiti alone. We back the Devolie holdouts and we forced Aristide into exile. Our foreign policy has been fucking them over long before and with much worse consequences than any natural disaster could have...

You ARE aware that Aristide was employing the street gangs to terrorize the populous in an attempt to hold onto power don't you?

Jump to part 3 for Aristide's tactics.

Jump to part 7 for the locals opinions.

Sal, with all due respect, you think you don't like the police's tactics HERE, try it when the Haitian "Tu-pac's" in charge of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu7JXwB9pQc

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

I know many firefighters & nurses who went over there for the relief effort.

The men beat & rob food from women & children & rape them in the process. They're fucking animals. It's survival of the fittest & no mercy to the weak.

Truly a God forsaken country if there ever was one.

They chose their path, they can walk it.

They made their beds, they can lie in them.

Edited by Paulyski

You ARE aware that Aristide was employing the street gangs to terrorize the populous in an attempt to hold onto power don't you?

Jump to part 3 for Aristide's tactics.

Jump to part 7 for the locals opinions.

Sal, with all due respect, you think you don't like the police's tactics HERE, try it when the Haitian "Tu-pac's" in charge of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu7JXwB9pQc

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

I know many firefighters & nurses who went over there for the relief effort.

The men beat & rob food from women & children & rape them in the process. They're fucking animals. It's survival of the fittest & no mercy to the weak.

Truly a God forsaken country if there ever was one.

They chose their path, they can walk it.

They made their beds, they can lie in them.

Incorrect, those were the charges his opponents made against him. In reality, he disbanded most of the military because their loyalty was in question, and those disbanded forces formed violent coercive organizations. The country fell into chaos, due to those organizations being supplied and funded by US backed industrialists. Finally, Aristide was kidnapped by US special forces and flown to South Africa (or somewhere in Africa, I forget right now).

A good film to watch is "Aristide : the endless revolution". Ill try to post a link to it Paul, so you dont go have to worm your way through propaganda.

EDIT: Here is a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P77s-SeA8rs

Here is the film site:

http://www.aristidethefilm.com/

I cannot find it free, but you should try to buy it on amazon.

The film shows both sides of the situation. I tend to believe the Lavalas organizers more than the US backed fuck-wits...

Edited by bigsal

Yup! Totally my fault that she was raped and Haiti is a shit-hole third world country. Fuck me for being the oppressive white devil that created the plight of slavery that ended 4 generations before I was born. My tax money that I "choose" to pay funded the takeovers that allowed all this to happen.

My fault... Sorry!

• Like 2

I once read that you can tell a lot about the Soul of a nation by the way they treat their women and children.

People with her sick mindset have been around for centuries, I was watching Gandhi just the other night and had forgot about the English Admiral's daughter that went to live with Gandhi, etc. etc. etc.

Stupid does, and makes excuses, and blames others.