Metal forearm for 5.45?

When I get my 5.45, I want a metal forearm and I wondered if <Link Removed> will work on the Saiga 5.45 if I were to use the handguard clamp-on retainer on it? Anyone know? I don't want to use the long one UTG makes, I want this shorter one and I haven't seen anyone use it on theirs yet.

Got any info?

Edited by Nailbomb
Link to Non-Buisness member removed

Just a heads up, the stock Saiga forearm IS metal (kinda). It has a metal frame inside of it, cupping the lower half, all the way from the base to just before where it holds onto the gas block. Much like the polymer magazines, it's very strong, and I'd rather have a factory forearm than a UTG one.

As to your question, I think you would need an AK handguard retainer for the shorter AK UTG rail.

• Like 1

I think you would need an AK handguard retainer for the shorter AK UTG rail.

Yea, you would need it, that's what I was talking about. I didn't know if the UTG one would fit with it or not though. It should, but....

the stock Saiga forearm IS metal (kinda). It has a metal frame inside of it,

Might keep the factory then, thanks for the info.

The Midwest industries hand guard looks like it doesn't need the lower HG retainer since it uses its own clamp to clamp onto the barrel.

2e83baffb164bc36f3fd1a140ab6fb05.image.750x542.jpg

And as a heads up they are coming out with a new version that replaces the top rail with an Aimpoint Micro mount which gives co-witness with irons...

• 2 weeks later...

The Midwest industries hand guard looks like it doesn't need the lower HG retainer since it uses its own clamp to clamp onto the barrel.

2e83baffb164bc36f3fd1a140ab6fb05.image.750x542.jpg

And as a heads up they are coming out with a new version that replaces the top rail with an Aimpoint Micro mount which gives co-witness with irons...

Hmmm... sounds promising