Puck Install

Quick question I couldn't find with a search... I got the Etac twister puck standard version and can't tell which way it goes in. The instructions from CSS say the "GOGUN USA" marked side goes toward the back. Is that the back of the gun or facing back towards whomever is doing the install?

I just got done doing the conversion on my S12 along with the new puck and plug, and it won't cycle the heavy game 6 shot it used to before... even on the 3 setting. I'm wondering if I have the puck in backwards.

drop the puck in the gas tube with the gogunusa writing facing down.

i had problems with the etac puck also. try using the factory puck and see if it cycles better.

Edited by Snoofer Inc.

Quick question I couldn't find with a search... I got the Etac twister puck standard version and can't tell which way it goes in. The instructions from CSS say the "GOGUN USA" marked side goes toward the back. Is that the back of the gun or facing back towards whomever is doing the install?

I just got done doing the conversion on my S12 along with the new puck and plug, and it won't cycle the heavy game 6 shot it used to before... even on the 3 setting. I'm wondering if I have the puck in backwards.

So turn it around and try it out...

Ah... thanks guys... thought that might be my problem. This is also a 3 port gun with no polishing, so I may have to do that as well. Just trying to do it a little bit at a time to see how far I have to go to make it function 100%. Other than the function issue that will probably be corrected with the puck facing the right way and maybe a little TLC on the edges/finish it's coming out pretty well IMO:

S12afterconversion.jpg

The only Winchester I used was #6 heavy game... figured that would be adequate. The cheaper stuff I used was Federal bulk pack from Wallyworld. I have 1500+ rounds of slug, buck and BB but I want it to function on anything with just a turn of the plug. The idea is that the gun should function with any off the shelf ammo... no reason other than I want it to. I'm sure I'll probably have to overbore the ports a bit and polish to get it to do this, but that's the goal. Thanks BTW :ph34r: