How to install BHO

Well its not required, and to be honest not many of us kept it.

Its useless....lol

But here is a video. You will have to modify your hammer if you didnt buy a pre modified hammer.

Thanks bud, I was also thinking of just leaving it out also, good call.

Before 102_0781.jpg

102_0784.jpg

After 102_0795.jpg

(Tapco G2, saw pistol grip, tapco t6 collapsible stock, and tapco intrafuse hand guard, UTG rail, ncstar scope)A thanks goes out to CSS for the conversion parts and chevyman for getting me back into the idea of a conversion lol. Any more ideas for it???? Oh ya chevyman I order a upper today for a AR project!!!!! My mom doesn't know yet she'll be pissed I'll have to keep it a secret from her and my dad was like "nice"!!!!. After the Ar is done no more guns for awhile NOT!!!!! I have eight guns and the AR will be nine!!!!

Edited by ksbimmer
  • Like 1

Great work man! looks awesome! :super:

I bet you will be very happy with its performance.

"no more guns for awhile NOT!!!!! "

I know feeling! lol I said no more guns for awhile about 6 guns ago!

Oh and I assume all is functioning correctly now?

Edited by Chevyman097

Well, not to be argumentative but there are quite a few of us who like it. I happen to be in that camp. There are several ways to do the install and you can find various videos and instruction the Internet. I used the fishing line/dental floss method. I tried the method shown in the CSS video but for the life of me could never get it to work. It looked simple enough but after about 10 minutes I gave up and went the other route and was done in 2 minutes. It also helps if the parts come pre-ground for the BHO, which the CSS kit that I got came that way. So if I had not used the BHO I would have had to use a spacer anyway.

Well, not to be argumentative but there are quite a few of us who like it. I happen to be in that camp. There are several ways to do the install and you can find various videos and instruction the Internet. I used the fishing line/dental floss method. I tried the method shown in the CSS video but for the life of me could never get it to work. It looked simple enough but after about 10 minutes I gave up and went the other route and was done in 2 minutes. It also helps if the parts come pre-ground for the BHO, which the CSS kit that I got came that way. So if I had not used the BHO I would have had to use a spacer anyway.

Myself, I got the method in the CSS video to work. Long needle nose pliers, and use an old pin from conversion as a slave pin to keep everything lined up while you slide in the real pin from the other side. I did have to put more of a bend in the spring like others do as well, though...It works if you keep trying, it took me twice, but the CSS method of lying the plate over at an angle and using needle nose worked...

I got frustrated with trying to get the stock spring in place so I took a different route. Since I didn't want to use any plastic plugs in my rifle I did a little work and installed axis pins in the two holes from the rear trigger mount (secured by modified sheppard's hook). Used a leftover spring to keep tension on the BHO lever and it works great.

BHO-Spring.jpg