ATI folding stock for Saiga?

Does anyone know if the ATI buttstock will fit into a Saiga or does it's the rear trunion make it incompatible?

I'm not sure what you've been reading, but the Saiga rear block is identical to any other AKM/AK74 rear block.

it fits, i had one on my rifle before i decided to use a romy laminate. it does prevent you from using a slide on side mount though, because the side fold knuckle sticks out an inch or so on the left side of the gun. if you dont care about a scope and are tall it work great though, it has a nice long length of pull when its fully evtended.

i would sell mine if anyone was interested.

it does prevent you from using a slide on side mount though

- Yea, it would wouldn't it. Never thought about it because my Romanian doesn't have a side mount.

will fit Saiga AFTER conversion with the Trigger moved forward

- Yea, I plan on converting.

Saiga rear block is identical to any other AKM/AK74 rear block.

- Ah, ok. Good to know. I don't have a Saiga yet so I wondered if they were different to fit the stupid factory buttstock, on or weren't.

Before you spend $100+ on that "stock" please look through the pictures thread. There are SOOO many other, nicer looking, more ergonomic, less retard stock options.

- I already have it but it's not on a rifle anymore. It's just laying around so I wouldn't be spending anything on it. I was going to use it in the mean time after taking off the crappy factory Russian one and converting the rifle. I would buy a good stock and then sell that one to recoup come of the money at least.

Thanks for your replies.

Actually, those stocks are rather well made for a plastic stock. I am not crazy about the looks, but the adjustable cheek weld pad makes up for the use of this type of AR stock on a AK and the variable length of pull is nice if you sometimes shoot with armor. I liked the prototype of it better. I love the ATI pistol grips, but for the money would rather have a MD ARMS.

I have the ATI on my S-12 and my x39. On my S-12, I use the included rubber butt pad, my x39, no. They are sturdy and well built, and I paid $65 each, not "over $100." It pays to shop.

There are better stocks out there, to be sure. But the ATI are far from a "retard stock option." Why my choice of the ATI? Because NO'bama was newly elected, and I wanted to get my Saigas into a folding stock configuration ASAP. At the time ACE stocks and hardware were scarce as Hen's teeth. I've never regretted it, but I do plan to upgrade, now that ACE products are back in stock.

That said, I am a lefty and the flat side of the hinge, not the knuckle, faces me when I shoulder the weapon.

Edited by 1mile50