Muzzle options - need some input based on your experience

I'm almost done with my S308 conversion, and am now considering how to address the FSB / muzzle options.

I have a complete Romanian 7.62 FSB, and a complete Bulgarian AK74 (26mm) FSB, both with the flash hider detent. I'm deciding between:

1) Doing the Dinzag FSB one-pin push-back with the factory FSB and thread as appropriate for my barrel diameter;

2) Leave the barrel length at 22" and have the barrel turned down to accept the Romanian FSB and a 14mm LH thread;

3) Have the barrel cut and recrowned at 18" and turned down to accept the Bulgarian FSB for 26mm flash hiders.

Lots of folks here seem to have gone with Option #1. I'd like to hear from anyone who's done Option #2 or #3 (or any variation of them) and whether you have strong feeling for or against any of them. For me, the advantage to having one of the other FSBs installed is that I already have several muzzle devices in 14m LH and 26mm RH, and could change them out easily.

Thanks in advance.

I went with Dinzag 17mm rental kit and had him bore out the FSB for me also.

He can then also provide a 17x1 threaded brake. or like in my case he threaded the brake I wanted to 17x1 for me for a fee.

Using a DPMS AR10 Miculek style <<<<<<<<<<<<< (middle rifle)

Better pic and info in the POST.. threading of Janis..

Albert

Edited by YWHIC

XXasdf.. The issue is the OP barrel diameter under the FSB.

If it is one size or the other will dictate (without major work) which size can be readily threaded.

This would be 5/8" (AR10 standard size/type) or the 17x1 option.

To get to 14LH he would have to have:

1) the bbl pulled/turned on the end to 14m :dollar:

2) rent the barrel muzzle cutter Dinzag rents and make multiple cuts to get the bbl end THINNED to do 14LH

The OTHER option is go 17x1 threading rental and get the Dinzag 17-24m adaptor (not listed on his site but you can email him about it) which will allow you to run any 24m brakes/hiders.. :super:

This may help or confuse you more(OP) but I'll throw it out there as I just struggled with this last month.

Albert

Edited by YWHIC