Peep Sight for saiga?

I really want to replace my rear sight with a nice peep sight, but everything I find is for the ak47. I would assume the difference in 7.62 vs. 5.56 ballistics would make the distance settings not work correctly. I shoot out to 400 yards right now. Anyone know of a place to get peep sights for the Saiga 223 20 inch barrel model? Something like the

Mojo Micro Click Rear Ghost Ring Sight AK-47 Steel Blue on mindwayusa would be amazing.

also while I think about it, I am getting ready to thread my barrel and was wondering what people like for reducing the climb.

Edited by Lcpl Martin

I think his real question is the 5.56 vs 7.62x39 ballistics, and how they drop at different rates.

I have a bit of experience with AK peeps. The only true "ghost" ring site is the tech sight, but you trade off for regular optics mounts.

It also uses a dust cover that requires a little bit more work to remove then normal. It is the best if you don't want a side mounted optic.

The mojo and Krebs are very good, but are not true ghost ring sites. They don't bluer as well. However they cost half as much as tech sites and you can use standard side mounted optics. I am currently using a Krebs rear peep and haven't tested out past 150m. Regardless of your choice you won't have a problem once you use it for a while. Both rounds shoot flat out to 200m, past that you just aim up or down a bit. Buy one, test it. Thats the only real way to know your rifle.

My Mojo micro click sat too low once on. The micro-click dial caught something and pulled apart. I sent it back to Mojo with return postage to be reassembled--it's been a couple months and nothing. No ill will towards Mojo, but if I go peep sight again I will go Krebs. The Mojo's are well made, but are not indestructible.

Krebs makes a peep for the AK-74 5.45mm, which is close enough ballistics-wise for most people.

For everyones reference- the rear sight blocks are specific to the different calibers. Look at the ramp on your RSB, it is steeper on a 7.62x39 compared to a 5.56mm, but the sight ladders themselves are the same. So you can put any sight ladder, peep, etc and if it has the same gradations as the standard AK sight ladders it will work the same. It's all in that ramp on the rear sight block.