Cali Legal???

ok so im up on the fence with this i just purchased a Saiga 12 and its getting the bullet button installed the guy im buyingit from said he has to have it to be cali legal and which im totally cool with but i just found over at calgunlaws.com this

Chapter 12.9

Department of Justice Regulations for Assault Weapons Identification Pursuant to Penal Code Sections 12276 Subdivisions (a), (B), ©, and (e).

California Penal Code Section 12276 (e) Assault Weapons List

(a) Rifles American Arms AK-C 47

American Arms AK-F 39

American Arms AK-F 47

American Arms AK-Y 39

American Spirit USA Model

Armalite AR 10 (all)

Armalite Golden Eagle

Armalite M15 (all)

Arsenal SLG (all)

Arsenal SLR (all)

B-West AK-47 (all)

Bushmaster XM15 (all)

Colt Law Enforcement (6920)

Colt Match Target (all)

Colt Sporter (all)

Dalphon B.F.D.

DPMS Panther (all)

Eagle Arms EA-15 A2 H-BAR

Eagle Arms EA-15 E1

Eagle Arms M15 (all)

Frankford Arsenal AR-15 (all)

Hesse Arms HAR 15A2 (all)

Hesse Arms Model 47 (all)

Hesse Arms Wieger STG 940 Rifle

Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC AK-47 (all)

Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC M-97

Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC RPK

Kalashnikov USA Hunter Rifle / Saiga<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Knights RAS (all)

Knights SR-15 (all)

Knights SR-25 (all)

Les Baer Ultimate AR (all)

MAADI CO MISR (all)

MAADI CO MISTR (all)

Mitchell Arms, Inc. AK-47 (all)

Mitchell Arms, Inc. AK-47 Cal .308 (all)

Mitchell Arms, Inc. M-76

Mitchell Arms, Inc. M-90

Mitchell Arms, Inc. RPK

Norinco 81 S (all)

Norinco 86 (all)

Norinco AK-47 (all)

Norinco Hunter Rifle

Norinco MAK 90

Norinco NHM 90, 90-2, 91 Sport

Norinco RPK Rifle

Ohio Ordnance Works (o.o.w.) AK-74

Ohio Ordnance Works (o.o.w.) ROMAK 991

Olympic Arms AR-15

Olympic Arms Car-97

Olympic Arms PCR (all)

Ordnance, Inc. AR-15

Palmetto SGA (all)

Professional Ordnance, Inc. Carbon 15 Rifle

PWA All Models

Rock River Arms, Inc. Car A2

Rock River Arms, Inc. Car A4 Flattop

Rock River Arms, Inc. LE Tactical Carbine

Rock River Arms, Inc. NM A2 - DCM Legal

Rock River Arms, Inc. Standard A-2

Rock River Arms, Inc. Standard A-4 Flattop

Valmet 76 S

Valmet Hunter Rifle

Wilson Combat AR-15

WUM WUM (all)

(B) Pistols

MARS Pistol

Professional Ordnance, Inc. Carbon 15 Pistol

Note

Authority cited: Penal Code Section 12276.5, subdivision (h).

Reference: Penal Code Section 12276, subdivision (e)

so what im up in the air about is so does the bullet button alone make it a cali legal shotgun??? sorry for the dumb question but man i want to be able to go to the shooting range with this shogun and be legal.

Edited by sLeepWaLker

Saiga 12 shotguns are legal in Cali if it has an installed bullet button and left in it's current "SPORTING" configuration. If you want to change furniture (stock, hand guard, add pistol grip), trigger group, gas puck, magazines, etc. Then you have to 922r compliant. Checklist can be found on another forum. Atlantic Firearms sells them as CA LEGAL, Riflegear, O C Armory.

The Saiga has not been imported or more importantly stamped by "Kalashnikov USA" for several years now. RAA and apparently now Arsenal are the stamping importers. Your best research would be on the Calguns forum; although I am positive that a restored Saiga12 with a bullet (or in this case shell) button type mag release. Saiga also makes many products that would be completely legal in California- Bolt action 22lr.

Try here for starters: Calguns Saiga12

Edited by Chowderhead72
  • Like 1

Please define a "bullet button."

Thanks.

Some type of device that makes removing a mag without a tool impossible. Think of the SKS, you need to drop the trigger pack to

remove the mag. Same thing, grab tool, drop mag, GTG. No tool to drop mag, off to San Quinton.

Please define a "bullet button."

Thanks.

Look here:

Communist bullshit

Yeah but that is the law and we need to comply. Don't worry though, things are changing, and the commies know it.

well im feeling a lil better now

and here is a youtube vid of a bullet button

For an AR yes, the AK/ Saiga buttons are totally different animals.

first off the dealer wouldnt sell you an assault wepon of any sort or any gun that is not legal by means of the cali doj, unless there really bold and our not worried about federal prison time in a hash way and millions in restitution , so dont worry just follow 922 reg for changing furnture, im in ca and pretty much you need a bullet button for much of every little halfway decent mod, good luck with the 12, oh and just guns over in my part of ca there saiga 12's our installed before they evan arrive to the shop

first off the dealer wouldnt sell you an assault wepon of any sort or any gun that is not legal by means of the cali doj, unless there really bold and our not worried about federal prison time in a hash way and millions in restitution , so dont worry just follow 922 reg for changing furnture, im in ca and pretty much you need a bullet button for much of every little halfway decent mod, good luck with the 12, oh and just guns over in my part of ca there saiga 12's our installed before they evan arrive to the shop

Sac eh? The belly of the beast.

Well went to the shootin range last night to test my new ruger1022 and a couple of my hand guns and I asked abou the saiga 12 with the guys who worked there and also an off duty officer and they said as long as it has the bullet button and factory wood stock I'll be good and also if I plan on putting a pistol grip to make sure I follow the 922r

• Like 1

Saiga 12's are VERY LEGAL in CA when properly configured, even though most gun stores up around the Sac area dont want to deal with the paperwork from the CAL DOJ and just lie to customers and just say they are illegal, but for those of us that know better because we already own Saiga 12's purchased in CA, we just laugh, call them idiots and then walk out of the store without spending a dime...lol

Edited by RoughRider666

Saiga 12's are VERY LEGAL in CA when properly configured, even though most gun stores up around the Sac area dont want to deal with the paperwork from the CAL DOJ and just lie to customers and just say they are illegal, but for those of us that know better because we already own Saiga 12's purchased in CA, we just laugh, call them idiots and then walk out of the store without spending a dime...lol

well i seen last time i was in just guns in north sac area the had brand new shipment of 5-6 saiga 12's and i was like ooooo ! lol nice shotgun fashore, they toldme they didnt deal with the mag lock the came pre installed from the spot they purchased from, i got mine from another shop and they didnt have any saiga 12's but had the .223 and all famus 7.62x39 which i love so much, ya alot of other shops i wouldnt evan deal with their morons lol

well i seen last time i was in just guns in north sac area the had brand new shipment of 5-6 saiga 12's and i was like ooooo ! lol nice shotgun fashore, they toldme they didnt deal with the mag lock the came pre installed from the spot they purchased from, i got mine from another shop and they didnt have any saiga 12's but had the .223 and all famus 7.62x39 which i love so much, ya alot of other shops i wouldnt evan deal with their morons lol

Ive heard about just guns, but i havent been in there yet, but i hear they are really friends with black guns...

Saiga 12 shotguns are legal in Cali if it has an installed bullet button and left in it's current "SPORTING" configuration. If you want to change furniture (stock, hand guard, add pistol grip), trigger group, gas puck, magazines, etc. Then you have to 922r compliant. Checklist can be found on another forum. Atlantic Firearms sells them as CA LEGAL, Riflegear, O C Armory.

Well went to the shootin range last night to test my new ruger1022 and a couple of my hand guns and I asked abou the saiga 12 with the guys who worked there and also an off duty officer and they said as long as it has the bullet button and factory wood stock I'll be good and also if I plan on putting a pistol grip to make sure I follow the 922r

See post #2 on this thread