My dealer slipped me some indian 308 a while back before i knew about it. I only shoot the south african 308 and i get good accuracy and it shoots great(no jamming or stove pipes). I notice when i put indian 308 ammo in my saiga it stove pipes once on every full mag. When I tried indian 308 ammo it was a complete jamming disaster i'd do better with the gun swinging it as a bat. UKP

I have had sks's since they were first imported and i finally got serious about shooting for accuracy rather than just blasting away. I benchrested it with norinco ammo and it shot 1 1/2" groups with open sites. I did it and my son did it too. This was a well used sks with many rounds thru it. Now i'm wondering how good the saiga can shoot since blasting away with it i can see it is pretty accurate at 50yds. Has anyone benchrested one at 100yds yet?? If so what ammo and how accurate is it?

Indian ammo is DANGEROUS!!! The quality control on those rounds is seriously lacking. I have seen many Indian rounds with cracks in the throat, bad primers and weak loads. I would get rid of the Indian ammo quickly. The SA ammo in .308, is some of the best and most accurate I have ever shot. Good groups at 100 yds and never a FTF, FTE plus it is fairly inexpensive. I also like the Aussie ammo. Never had a problem with it. Get rid of the Indian ammo, it is some really bad stuff. :eek:

Just my .02

Edited by IffenWhen

I've got 5, 640 round cans of Indian crap .... Bought it dirt cheap (10.00 a can)....I will only use it in my old 98 mauser....And then only with caution....Thought about just pulling the slugs and recharging...But i don't know if it is even worth the effort. All my brass appears to be in good shape.

A good friend of mine pulls the powder out of all the milsurp ammo that he is going to use for 100 yards or less target shooting. He weighs the powder from 5 rounds, and puts back 1/2 the average weight of the powder. This is only for bolt actions, but it is not only easer on the old warbirds, but is kinder to your shoulder!

Also this lets you shoot the same brass twice for only the price of a bullet and a primer! He swears that at 100 yards or less that the difference in bullet drop is not noticeable. Might be a good thing to do to that Indian ammo.

G O B

ive always heard bad about indian ammo everywhere. a friend of mine has an ar10 and went to a gun show. found some south african dirt cheap and bought a rack of it. turns out it was indian the guy was seling as south african. once he discovered this he was real pissed. but since he had already spent the money on it and he reloads anyway, he decided to pul the bullets and reload them all. he was pulling and dumping the powder ina jar and whatnot, and was down to about 12 left and he dumped one that had sand instead of powder! i swear to you this is true. i had heard enough bad things about the indian before to stay away from it, but this made me wanna be sure to tell everyone to leave it be. definely not worth the risk. i shoot portugeese and argentina. argentina is damn cheap(looks a lil rough but shoot hotter than almost any of them) and i love it. portugeese is reall good too and ive heard great things about austrailia. definetly stay away from indian though.

Ya know, folks.... I think what we need here is some HEADSTAMP PICS... or some ammo side by sides of the INDIAN and others... or headstamps of SEVERAL types, but certainly of the indian... so everyone that reads this can learn and KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR, so as NOT TO BUY Indian 308 ammo!!!

can any of you guys snap up some shots?? I will try to post some pics from the web if I find any...

I have never seen indian, and without knowing, I havent a clue what it would look like or not look like on the headstamp...

:smoke:

heres a cute one...

http://www.doubleactionshooting.com/images/wolfammo.htm

make sure ya READ THE ONE ABOUT WOLF!!!! the case blew up when they TRIED TO PULL THE BULLET!!!

and "it causes problems in high dollar guns" translated to... the SNOOTY AR guys didnt want to spend the few extra bucks for black hills and went CHEAP.. now are WHINING cause they got laquer build up!!! LOL

the image below that however, is your INDIAN .308 pic!!!

:smoke:

Over on www.cetmerifles.com everyone has been warned about Indian ammo. Cheaper Than Dirt is selling it now on 5rd stripper clips, 50rds per bandoleer. I sent them an email telling them about Indian ammo but got no reply. Maybe if they got a bunch of emails from you guys it might save a few rifles or lives!