Hornady 7.62x39 ammo

Anyone tried this stuff yet? It's pretty damn expensive, but I was curious to see if anybody has used these yet.

http://www.hornady.com/store/7.62X39-123-gr-V-MAX/

The 7.62x39 hornady v-max bullet is absolutely great. It feeds as well as any FMJ but will expand and fragment much better than most any thing available

for this caliber. It makes all the hype I hear over .223 or 5.45 being more lethal a joke when you actually compare expanding bullet to expanding bullet side by side.

I made a video to compare water reaction of a few types and the Vmax is shot number 3.

Shot two is with the famous 8m3 (no longer available in the military classic line from what I read) bullet and it comes close

Edited by my762buzz

Anyone tried this stuff yet? It's pretty damn expensive, but I was curious to see if anybody has used these yet.

http://www.hornady.com/store/7.62X39-123-gr-V-MAX/

The 7.62x39 hornady v-max bullet is absolutely great. It feeds as well as any FMJ but will expand and fragment much better than most any thing available

for this caliber. It makes all the hype I hear over .223 or 5.45 being more lethal a joke when you actually compare expanding bullet to expanding bullet side by side.

I made a video to compare water reaction of a few types and the Vmax is shot number 3.

Shot two is with the famous 8m3 (no longer available in the military classic line from what I read) bullet and it comes close

Wow! Great vid, looks like the Vmax cause a significant increase in the spread of water. Could just be me, haha.

Wow! Great vid, looks like the Vmax cause a significant increase in the spread of water. Could just be me, haha.

Yes. Much more instant mist than shot 2 with military classic 8m3.

Box o truth has a page with a vmax passing through 12 wall boards and then impacting a water container and exploding.The remaining bullet core then wouldn't pass through

a wood board and just bounced off. That would make it very selective passing that many barriers and only violently reacting with water.

4-6.jpg

Yes. Much more instant mist than shot 2 with military classic 8m3.

Box o truth has a page with a vmax passing through 12 wall boards and then impacting a water container and exploding.The remaining bullet core then wouldn't pass through

a wood board and just bounced off. That would make it very selective passing that many barriers and only violently reacting with water.

4-6.jpg

That's incredible. I need to pick some of that up on my trip and test it out.