read post #10 and ignore this post. I made it to hard.

this is from post #10 > Ok I am making this too hard on everyone, what I need to ask is. My gun is converted it has 5 US made parts in it, if I stuck a foreign magazine into the gun am I legal? YES OR NO?

IF NOT does that MEAN I have to add 3 MORE PARTS which will make the gun +8 US MADE PARTS?

Thank you for the site it has been very helpful on my conversion of the 7.62x39 I just have one question. I was a little confused on the check list, so I untick the Muzzle attachment because I do not have a threaded barrel, leaves me with -15. So then I untick trigger, hammer, disconnector(thats that tiny spring in the gun was a pain to remove) then untick buttstock and pistol grip. So I am compliant.

When I insert a magazine it wont mess me up? + 3 illgeal parts or anything? Thanks! I might try a 5.45 next or a 12g, I know 5.45 ammo is cheap in the surplus cans.

Edited by chosenasaiga

You used the gunwiki check list?

If you use an american made magazine its +3 US parts. If you use a foreign magazine its +3 foreign parts.

So you are saying, my gun is 10 right now no magazine in it, = 10 parts. If I stick a foreign magazine, those from aimsurplus it will make me -13, which is illgeal.

The gun wiki already has the boxes ticked for magazine body/follower/ base plate, so isnt it adding it up for foreign magazines?(assuming you have a foreign magazine already in) so confused...

Edited by chosenasaiga

ug this link didnt work.

Ok I did the other 922® link, I put saiga, check on pistol grip, make grip,buttstock,trigger,disconnector,hammer to US made and it says I am legal. Even with Russia magazine parts.

I want to make sure I am doing these check list right.

Edited by chosenasaiga

The gunwiki includes the 3 mag parts by default.

Unless you deselect them, they're part of the count.

So you are saying, I AM LEGAL WITH MY FOREIGN MAGAZINES?(thats how the gun wiki counts it with foreign magazine parts NOT US MADE?) I am getting confused when you guys answer me lol.

Edited by chosenasaiga

To insert FOREIGN mags over 10 rounds is illegal.

You need to remove 3-4 FOREIGN parts to make you legal.

You can use a US made handguard +1 and US made mags +3.. then you will be technically legal.

Or you can change the handguard, stock, and gas piston (ALL to US made ones) and run FOREIGN mags over 10 rounds or the factory mags.

I'm sure nalioth will correct me as far as posturing..

Al

Edited by YWHIC

To insert FOREIGN mags over 10 rounds is illegal.

You need to remove 3-4 FOREIGN parts to make you legal.

You can use a US made handguard +1 and US made mags +3.. then you will be technically legal.

Or you can chage the handguard, stock, and gas piston (to US made) and run FOREIGN mags over 10 rounds or the factory mags.

I'm sure nalioth will correct me as far as posturing..

Al

What parts would be the easy to add on next? I already have a US made handguard but it does not fit, I need a new gas piston which is $80.. from dinzagarms is his gas pistons US made? ( I thought the handguard on the gun[FACTORY] was already made in the US????)

How do you guys get your legal? what parts do you convert? I already have the 5 parts I just need 3 more so I CAN USE MAGAZINES. Like the ones from aimsurplus. I have a two tapco magazines but I like the foreign magazines because they are cheaper.

Edited by chosenasaiga

I need a new gas piston which is $80..

HOLY GUACAMOLE

You shouldn't pay more than $10 or $15 for a US made gas piston for a Saiga rifle.

I think you're overlooking the fact that the parts count is assumed to be done with a mag in the gun. You count the 3 mags parts along with the other countable parts.

If you don't have a mag in the gun,

a factory saiga has 11 countable parts. With mag = 14

an AK with a muzzle device has 13 countable parts. With mag = 16

an AK w/o a muzzle device has 12 countable parts. With mag =15

Easiest way to compliance is stuff you've gotta change anyway (during the conversion)

US Fire control group (3 parts)

Us Butt stock

US Pistol grip

NOT PISTON, Sorry I made a mistake, I ment the bolt on lower handguard retainer that goes near the gas pipe to hold on a K-VAR handguard because mine cleary does not fit without a mod. Yes gas pistons are only like $20

Nalioth your saiga, what parts do you have in your gun? and do you use foreign magazines? ( this will make it clear for me) I feel like a idiot asking the question

Ok I am making this too hard on everyone, what I need to ask is. My gun is converted it has 5 US made parts in it, if I stuck a foreign magazine into the gun am I legal? YES OR NO?

IF NOT does that MEAN I have to add 3 MORE PARTS which will make the gun +8 US MADE PARTS?

Edited by chosenasaiga

Yes all the parts on a saiga are already checked in the boxes of the checklist. That means you uncheck the parts you add to get your final count.

you are legal from what you describe, with either foreign or US mags.

Dont take this the wrong way, just trying to help.

Many of us have been there before, its complicated at first but once you understand it you will see how simple it really is. Read it, then read it over and over until you get a headache and hate it! :lolol: 922 is stupid and a pain in the ass, thats what uncle sam is good for. But the more you read it the more you will understand.

GL with your rifle.

Browse around, there is a lot of info here that will help you.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

Yes all the parts on a saiga are already checked in the boxes of the checklist. That means you uncheck the parts you add to get your final count.

Dont take this the wrong way, just trying to help.

Many of us have been there before, its complicated at first but once you understand it you will see how simple it really is. Read it, then read it over and over until you get a headache and hate it! :lolol: 922 is stupid and a pain in the ass, thats what uncle sam is good for. But the more you read it the more you will understand.

GL with your rifle.

Browse around, there is a lot of info here that will help you.

TTHANK YOU that is the answer I needed! "Yes all the parts on a saiga are already checked in the boxes of the checklist. That means you uncheck the parts you add to get your final count.

"

You guys are helpful but some of you confused me I did not understand it... :P

I just wanted to make sure the gun wiki is OK because you know wikipedia is unrealiable.

I just wanted to be %100 sure and not get in trouble with the law because its so weird.... I figured I was legal because looking at the pictures and posts, you guys said 5 parts and I am good to go. But I got confused some people used US MAGs and I didnt see a foreign one.

Thank you and sorry for taking up so much of your all's time.

Any thing to block gun, owning, carrying, moding = infringing on our rights. Which is sad.

Edited by chosenasaiga

You are good to go.

CSS sells a lower HG retainer I think for $35 or so.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-460/Saiga-Lower-Handguard-Bracket/Detail

It is a real AK one that has been modded for use on Saigas and AK's without having to remove the FSB or the Gas Block.

Hope that helps..

Al

Edited by YWHIC

You are good to go.

CSS sells a lower HG retainer I think for $35 or so.

http://store.carolin...-Bracket/Detail

It is a real AK one that has been modded for use on Saigas and AK's without having to remove the FSB or the Gas Block.

Hope that helps..

Al

Ah just what I need! thank you Al! now this isnt going mess up the 922® some crazy foreign made peice of metal? lol... I didnt see it on gun wiki so I think its all good. .. ? I also need the gas tube, now does that count for extra points on the 922® ?