First range trip with my S-12

Well went to wally world and picked up a box of 100 rd. Remington sport shoot for 22.00 and a 15 rd. box of Remington slugs.... to my surprise bulk crap shot well on setting two with only 3 fte out of 100 rds. The slugs went through perfect. I have a three port gun, and all I want now is my MD arms V-plug to arrive to see if i can get the Winchester universals to go. I'm still going to polish the couple of areas on the bolt, ramp , and carrier. I would say all in all I love this gun.

Why is Win universal even a goal?

Try Federal 7-1/2 bulk pack bird shot and make that your bottom of the barrel ammo. It's just as cheap and easy to get.

win universal would be my last choice of ammo, but at least it will be a choice. basicly if you can get the worst ammo running smooth everything will run smooth.

• Like 1

Try Federal 7-1/2 bulk pack bird shot and make that your bottom of the barrel ammo. It's just as cheap and easy to get.

win universal would be my last choice of ammo, but at least it will be a choice. basicly if you can get the worst ammo running smooth everything will run smooth.

My goal, from the beginning, was to make my S12s run with garbage ammo. I wanted to know that I could reliably fire whatever ammo I come across.

Hobby,

When I'm not so broke.... let's go dump some Universal :smoke:

Some large department stores only carry one or two brands of the bulk 100 packs. Our local Wal-Mart only carries Remington........the store manager is a total jack ass. It used to be a very good place to get ammo and many items for shotguns and such. Not any more.

I can get Winchester and Federal but its about 8 miles away at ANOTHER Wal-Mart that carries all three brands.

Its all some people can get depending on where they live and what is mostly available in their area.

So Winchester for some maybe in greater supply or is the only stuff that is sold.

So Yes, it is a ...........goal........due to outside factors.

Reloading your own shot shells completely wipes out the need to have BRANDS of ammo.

I reload my own shot shells.

Best

Frosty

Its not a goal to shoot win uni. I just want to say my saiga can shoot it all. I was real surprised with the remington... i think next time I will try the federal just to compare. I also like the idea being able to shoot the crap ammo just for the reason that when i dump all the rounds in the mag for fun its not costing me my first born child. :rolleyes: It is one of the funnest guns i think i have ever shot.