painting 7.62 mags

I've painted a few different mags just so they match my Saiga 7.62. I just got done painting my SGM tri-rail as well. Taped off the rails to keep them unpainted. It's hanging up drying right now.:blues:

Edit: Also, it's always good to give mags a couple light coats of primer before painting. Paint sticks a little better. Or you could just scuff the mags up with some steel wool before painting. Gives the paint something to hold onto.

Edited by KC913

kinda idiotic.

This.

Just my opinion :P

To each their own, personally I don't care for painted guns and gun parts. There's a really sweet Saiga 5.45 rifle for sale by one of the business members right now, and I'd be super tempted if not for the tan furniture and tan-painted selector. If resale value is a concern, think hard before doing weird shit ;)

im painting my bulgarion steel mags olive drab using alumahyde paint. iwas just wondering if anyone else has painted their mags or if its kinda idiotic.

I don't think it is idiotic at all. I painted some really rough combloc steel mags with matte black Alumahyde II and they came out great.

As previously stated, rough up the existing, emory cloth or steel wool 'em and degrease 'em really well. Then let 'em cure for a couple of weeks. Very tough finish.