Metal forends for gastube and lower HG

Didn't know where to post this, so I put it in here.

I was looking for a metal forend but wanted to be able to remove the gastube like a regular AK, without doing something like removing screws like the UTG one to get the gas tube off. So basically, I wanted to ask what might be available out there that is metal and attaches to the gastube and lower handguard sepeartely/independent of each other?

I was looking at the Midwest Industies one but it's !@#$ expensive and people say it's heavy also. Not a big deal but I didn't know if it attaches to the gastube itself of with stupid screws into the lower handguard...

Anyone have this and know?

Edited by Kalashniklown

Your best bet is probably going to be the Ultimak setup - picatinny rail on a gas tube and a tri-rail handguard. I use the gas tube / rail piece and it is solid as can be. They can be used independently and the gas tube / rail (upper HG) needs no modification to work, I'm not sure about the lower. From the site, it appears to not use the standard lower HG retention.

JG