Saiga still the best IMO!!!

Have I ever mentioned HOW MUCH I LOVE MY SAIGA?? My most recent acquisition was a PTR-91K (carbine) and I must say, while shooting a .308 is fun, out of my AR (M-16A4), my converted Saiga, and my PTR...I still worship my Saiga over all of them. What a hoot at the range yesterday. I replaced the front sight post and added a commie flash suppressor/compensator (looks only, US made), so thought I would have to completely re-sight it. Nope. Just 4 down turns on the FSP and BAM! Right on target. No sniper awards for damn sure, but at 100 yards, put all 50 shots on a 12 by 12 inch target, with most of them in the center area. Am EXTREMELY happy with it. Mind you, the PTR is a much straighter shooter then I am....with a scope I am sure it would be devastating. Regardless, just thought I'd share a little. BTW...as for the AR, I really like the Matech rear sight. Very easy to operate. Here's a couple of pics....none of the AR in current config...BRS! :) BTW...currently have a Saiga-12 on layaway....hope it isn't a Vodka Special...but even if it is, plenty of great info here to fix it!

post-20243-042486700 1287327279_thumb.jpg

post-20243-016365300 1287327304_thumb.jpg

post-20243-038205100 1287327419_thumb.jpg

Edited by sjgusmc21

I agree the Saiga's are one helluva value. I treat all of mine like cheap whores though. Oh I clean and lube and all that but I throw 'em in the bed of the truck, lay 'em in the dirt/mud and shoot all the corrosive ammo I can find.

I wonder if I'm going to hell for this? All these pretty Saiga's here on this forum....guys painting them and arguing over what brush to use when cleaning the firing pin channel after 5 rounds.....yup...I bet I'm gonna burn in hell....oh well...hope the ol' Devil got some feral hogs and Saiga's for me....

I really like what you have done with yours...it does like very nice man............

I agree the Saiga's are one helluva value. I treat all of mine like cheap whores though. Oh I clean and lube and all that but I throw 'em in the bed of the truck, lay 'em in the dirt/mud and shoot all the corrosive ammo I can find.

I wonder if I'm going to hell for this? All these pretty Saiga's here on this forum....guys painting them and arguing over what brush to use when cleaning the firing pin channel after 5 rounds.....yup...I bet I'm gonna burn in hell....oh well...hope the ol' Devil got some feral hogs and Saiga's for me....

I really like what you have done with yours...it does like very nice man............

Thanks for the compliment. As for how anyone treats their guns...to each his own. Uncle Sam paid me to drag mine around for 21 years...and I still took care of it! Have been too brainwashed to keep my guns in tip top shape. I tend to take care of things....not excessively but pretty close. I find that it costs less in the long run and just makes me feel better. Semper Fi!

Where did you get that wood furniture for the PTR-91? They both look nice.

I purchased the set from Roberts RTG. Don't think I can put the entire address. If you can't find it, pm me. Great prices and good stuff, especially for all things HK. Had to cut the forend down and remount the rear piece. Not to difficult. Thanks for the compliment.