T6 Furniture swap on Saiga 12

I got a 7.62 x 39 that had it already installed. I converted it and used the AK Tapco furniture to replace it. The "Saiga" specific furniture I took off was straightforward to remove (and install Im sure) It fit well and had I chose to not convert would have been OK .... other than the hand guard is all plastic, so a really hot barrel might cause issues.

I put the Tapco Stock and Forearm (dark earth) on my Saiga 12 this weekend. If I knew how to post a photo I would...If you want to see it email me at BOWENAJ@aol.com and I will send a set of the before (out-of-the-box) and after (tan on black) photos. I like the look and got a positive response from Greg at CSS when I sent him the photos.

AL

I have a full Tapco setup on my S12. Everything looks and works great and was very easy to install. I had some slight anignment issues when I was installing the stock tube, so I heated the rear of the reciever with a blow torch and melted the tube to fit the gun perfectly. I highly reccomend this setup, and the collapsable stock is great for when people with shorter arms than me want to shoot my gun comfortably. (I might swap handguards though, I just found out Chaos' sale is still going on!)

I just have the intrafuse fore end on my gun. Typically I hate tapco since it's normally found bastardizing historic weapons and of poor quality, but that handguard from them for the saiga is exceptionally nice.

Very sturdy on my gun, I had to file it quite a bit to fit it. I wouldn't trust the rails for any serious load bearing tasks or a vertical grip, but for a light flashlight or laser they're more than good enough. If you want to run heavier, just get some heavier nuts and screws.

I seriously considered doing the full AK conversion to this Saiga but I wanted to be able to but it back to its original "sporting" configeration if I wanted to. Also I own several AK's already and the thing I do really like about the Tapco Intrafuse T6 stock setup is the increased lenght of pull because of the grip-trigger-stock relationship. Its very comfortable and natural. Tapco stuff is really not military quality IMO but for a "hobby" rifle its perfectly acceptable and this rifle will be fun in this setup. The rifle is fully 922r compliant with enough US parts content.

chintaly furniture