Are .308 Saigas really going away

Ive seen a lot of thread on other sites from vendors saying the .308 saiga will no longer be sold in the US. Is this true? If so I might just buy a second one.

I really, really, really doubt it. These rumors about some model of Saiga "going away" spur up every couple of months and they are always BS. They are usually started by overzealous gun salesmen, trying to get someone to buy a Saiga by telling them that there aren't going to be any more of them.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

Just drop an email to Clyde Woods (sales and marketing, RAA) and ask him directly. You'll get a real answer from him. But, yes, rumors do seem to get stirred up pretty often about this or that no longer being imported.

Clyde Woods: raacak@aol.com

My gun shop said their supplier has plenty of Saiga rifles. No apparent shortage. If I am not mistaken they are not imported a few at a time at a constant pace, it is more like a big ol' pile of em once in a while. There will always be a next batch. Glad I have an honest and informative gun shop. They think those rumors are sales tactics and I agree.