I hope someone here can answer that as well.

Did you happen to call RAAC? The one time I needed to call them the gentleman on the other end of the phone was extremely helpful and patient. Perhaps one of us should just call. Too late in the day now though.

Also, do I understand 922r correctly in that these could be imported in awesome configuration and not neutered?

I hope someone here can answer that as well.

Did you happen to call RAAC? The one time I needed to call them the gentleman on the other end of the phone was extremely helpful and patient. Perhaps one of us should just call. Too late in the day now though.

Also, do I understand 922r correctly in that these could be imported in awesome configuration and not neutered?

The suspense is killing me. I will buy at least 3 of them if they are priced like a typical 7.62 gun and come with the poly sidefolder!

I'm wondering if any of you guys in the know with RAAC could give me an update on the .22LR Saigas.

Is there any possibility that they're coming?

PM Me.

~SN

I emailed RAA a month ago or so asking about Saiga 22s. The reply explained that 22s aren't really in production beyond demos at this point, so there isn't an ETA. There wasn't any more detail, but I inferred that RAA is aware of the state-side demand for the Saiga 22.

The suspense is killing me. I will buy at least 3 of them if they are priced like a typical 7.62 gun and come with the poly sidefolder!

^^what he said, it would be just about worth buying just for the side folder! i wonder what the internals are like, just a smaller version of the AK?

Edited by big-J

^^what he said, it would be just about worth buying just for the side folder! i wonder what the internals are like, just a smaller version of the AK?

I'd think the internals will vary at least a bit seeing as the .22 is a rimfire cartridge. It's a different ballgame--no dry fires or you'll screw things up, unlike other caliber AK's.

Definitely. Straight blowback, bolt and carrier should be one piece and much lighter, and presumably with a shorter travel distance. I want one of these, muchly. 1/2"x28 threaded barrel and 20+ round mags would be nice...