soft rifle case with pockets for a Saiga 12 mags ??

soon I will be in the marker for a soft rifle case that has the mag pockets large enough to take the Saiga 12 ( 10 round mags )

if one exists

most larger assault rifle cases are approx 42 inches and will will fit a 19 inch barrel Saiga comfortably , but the mags don't fit in the mag pockets probably designed for AR-AK mags

what are you guys using ???

I bought one from Midway. It was on sale for about $18. It fits the gun nicely. It has four mag pockets, 2 of them hold a stock size mag, 8 is too long. It has a velcro pocket in the center by the handle, I put an 8 round mag in there. Then it has another long zip pocket towards the front, I threw some tools in that one.

True, it would be nice to hold a bunch of mags, but for the price I think it's pretty nice. I always have range bag with me that can hold more anyway.

I'm quite fond of my 38" double rifle cases from 5.11 tactical

It has tons of room to stuff all kinds of things, I routinely carry two weapons, bunch of mags, optics and other crap when I go to the range. My S12 with 18.5" barrel is 38 1/4" OAL unfolded it and will still (barely) fit in the 38" case. If I had to do it over I might get the 42" but IIRC they were out of stock at the time. Overall I'm really happy with the two bags I have.

Has carry straps to be a backpack and a should strap as well.

5.11_case_002.JPG

5.11_case_004.JPG

5.11_case_003.JPG

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

Voodoo Tactical bag from TheSportMansGuide, note, it is not listed as VT, no brand given, but it is VT! :smoke:

And the price is VERY right. Link via PM if ya want.

The two center pockets where the pistol is will each hold two 8-12rnd S12 mags with room too spare, or you can lay out up to seven 8-10rnd mags straight across atop those pockets.

Center front (logo) pocket holds a MD20 like it was made for it.

100_7511.jpg

100_7488.jpg

100_7491.jpg

100_7492.jpg

100_7493.jpg

100_7514.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno

I don't like to advertise and I like the ability to go anywhere , so a tennis bag works great . It has enough space to carry what you like, stock folded on an 18 incher .There is plenty of pockets , one even big enough for an MD 20 . The bag can be carried by the handle or worn as a back pack using the two shoulder straps . The best thing is no one bats an eye at a tennis bag and you can take it almost anywhere . If needed in a pinch, consider leaving the outside pocket unzipped 1/4 of the way and strategically modifying the innermost outside panel with a slit . Just slide your arm in and bingo you're hand is on the grip and trigger .

Archangel

"I don't like to advertise and I like the ability to go anywhere..."

I don't have a bag for my S12 yet....but for my Kel-Tec SU16C, I use a rod and reel bag, with a big old bass sewed on the side. In it, I can carry the rifle, an extra stock (for better concealment and shooting from the hip, stocks change with simply removing two pins), and 4 magazines, giving me over 100 rounds on hand at all times. It looks as if I'm going fishing, and I've never had it questioned, although if one picked it up, it would seem way too heavy for fishing equipment.

The bag does have a telescoping end (for rods I suppose), and I believe this evening I'll see if it will fit my Saiga shotgun....I do love multi-tasking in my equipment.

PJJ