What choke for deer+slugs=yummy

So I just moved and a friend from the area has a line on some ground to go deer hunting on this year. I figure I'll let him use my S308 (as he has used rifles in the past and he's setting the whole thing up) and I'd use my S12...but I've never hunted deer with a shotgun and slugs and don't know what choke to use.

I have a polychoke which I set at Improved Modified or Modified for 3 gun and it seems to do decent for the reduced recoil slugs I shoot (so I don't have to change gunfixr settings going from birdshot to slugs on the same stage), but I'd be using full power, big boy slugs for Bambi.

I know the polychoke has a Slug setting, just seeing if it really is that easy or if some of you out there who have used this setup (S12 and polychoke) for deer in the past have a secret recipe of slug and choke setting that has put the venison in the freezer in the past.

I'll also take any ammo specific suggestions as well. Like I said, this is my first time going after deer with a shotgun.

Thanks

Eric

So I just moved and a friend from the area has a line on some ground to go deer hunting on this year. I figure I'll let him use my S308 (as he has used rifles in the past and he's setting the whole thing up) and I'd use my S12...but I've never hunted deer with a shotgun and slugs and don't know what choke to use.

I have a polychoke which I set at Improved Modified or Modified for 3 gun and it seems to do decent for the reduced recoil slugs I shoot (so I don't have to change gunfixr settings going from birdshot to slugs on the same stage), but I'd be using full power, big boy slugs for Bambi.

I know the polychoke has a Slug setting, just seeing if it really is that easy or if some of you out there who have used this setup (S12 and polychoke) for deer in the past have a secret recipe of slug and choke setting that has put the venison in the freezer in the past.

I'll also take any ammo specific suggestions as well. Like I said, this is my first time going after deer with a shotgun.

Thanks

Eric

Havent tried them yet, but this is what I bought, along with adapter (Cobra) to use rifled winchoke....

These look badass http://www.winchester.com/Products/shotshell-ammunition/supreme-elite/dual-bond/Pages/SSDB123.aspx

Watch video....

Edited by Saiga Power

No choke on my S-12 so i dunno. Don't need one for slugs. My S-12 will get 6" groups with slugs at 100 yards from the bench, 10" standing. No help from me, Eh? Sorry. Good luck though. Make sure you are proficient with your S-12 and slugs before you point it at a Deer.