Baschieri & Pellagri shotgun shells?

I was stumbling around the internet, looking at shotgun shells and I found the Baschieri & Pellagri web site.

Has anyone used these shells? At first, I thought they were too expensive, as they do seem to be a premium brand. However, as they offer some sales and free shipping, their shells are at least competitively priced with the "better brands" of shells.

I ordered some bird shot from them, and I think 250 shells were $70.00, which when you factor in free shipping, that is about what you'd pay for Federal or Centurion or other such brands from on line vendors. The free shipping on something as heavy as shotgun shells is a pretty nice incentive to consider their products (in my humble opinion).

WJ

I have shot over 1000 of these shells in their F2 Mach version and about 300 of their low recoil slugs. Very accurate slugs with light recoil but not enough to reliably cycle my Saiga so I had to switch to Fiocchi. Their bird shot is excellent, good quality stuff.

Doug

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Same experience here, except for the volume. I was very tempted to deliberately over gas one of my S12s to cycle them.

Seeing them run in R&R videos was part of what tempted me. Now I guess I can give up on that idea.

B&P sometimes has very good deals with free shipping, and you can call and talk to the guy who makes the import orders. It may be possible to request something special. I wanted to try a bunch of the full power Guilani slugs which are sort of like aerodynamic brenekes. They had some of the higher scores on some other forums for slug accuracy. However, B&P never had them in stock for 12 gauge and pulled them off of the site.

• 2 weeks later...

They are very popular in Europe. I am sure the data is available, but the powders and primers listed will be hard to get over here. I am pretty that I saw some reloading tables on their website at one time. There are some old pages that you can find through google on their site that don't have active links from their main page any more.

Teacher now? Not at all.

I did some research into buying their components a couple of years ago because some slug shooter forums were posting some of the best scores out of smooth barrels with the Guilani (sp?) slugs that B&P was offering. It seemed like they had done some monkeying around with their site a bit. There were a bunch of pages with factory reloading data and conversion tables for aproximating US loads versus the italian standards. Sadly, I don't think I saved the information anywhere. Most of the loads used hulls, powders primers and wads that are not easily obtained in the USA. They had some threads where people used imported hulls and wads but US primers and powders to achieve similar results. The cost and difficulty of obtaining these components is part of why I put off reloading for so long.

Breneke style slugs and other designs that had wads attatched as a tail fin consistently outperform american foster slugs. I got a few hundred B&P fosters for about $.20 each with free shipping, so that postponed my interest in reloading my self. Buying slugs typically cost more than 75 cents per slug any place I have looked, so it hasn't been worth while. since my situation in life has changed, I am more open to casting my own slugs. I also may run other types of slug now that I have a rifled choke.

I don't have the experince to tell anyone which loads are nice to load, but I can say these B&P fosters shoot very softly and produce nice groups from personal experience. I was holding onto aproximately 5-6" groups at ~100 yards with them smooth bore. They had a lot of drop compared to the higher velocity rem sluggers, etc. naturally.

Edited by GunFun

"Teacher now? Not at all"

"I got a few hundred B&P fosters for about $.20 each with free shipping"

Ha! Here's your soapbox and please feel free to preach away. I'm really intent on learning how you scammed slugs at $.20 each. LOL I think I have an extra kidney, around here somewhere, I could sell to buy the whole imported lot.

Have you tried recrimping those hulls on the Lee Load ALL II ? Let me know if the petals unfold (a few days later).

Preach & teach away.