SGMT Magazines...input please?

Happy Friday all. I'm restricted to 5 round mags in my state and because of it, don't have an abundance of choice. Of course I have the factory mag that comes with the S12, but I have also purchased a couple ProMags and am now looking at SGMT's. I looked around on the forums for any reference on these but came up empty. Is anyone familiar with this brand? I want to try and get some feed back before I plunk down some cash. Thanks.

15-0120.png

SGMT's

I believe in MA (if this is your state) has a 10-rd restriction, not 5… You might want to double check the law… :)

In any case, "SGMT" - SGM Tactical, previously know as "Surefire Gun Mags", or simply "Surefire"

The magazines on the photo have the same body as the original 12-round magazines, just shortened to 5 rounds, and have proven to be very reliable, and competition guys love them! :)

Keepshooting mags work fine as well, but keep in mind that as they are Korean, they do not count as 3 US made parts as SGMTs, just in case you are planning to do a conversion at some point in the future...

2c.gif

Thanks for the reply guys. I've checked thoroughly and I am indeed restricted to 5 rd mags for a semi auto shotty here in this communist state. You got it, Massachusetts. I've heard great things about "surefire" so I'm sold now! I just hope my promags do Ok so i don't feel like I wasted 40 bucks. /sigh

PART I ADMINISTRATION OF THE GOVERNMENT

(Chapters 1 through 182)

TITLE XX PUBLIC SAFETY AND GOOD ORDER

CHAPTER 140 LICENSES

Section 121 Firearms sales; definitions; antique firearms; application of law; exceptions

"Large capacity feeding device", (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells;

BINGO! %&$#^@ COMMUNISTS!!!!!!!

Edited by massive_stoopid

Hmm...

"Large capacity feeding device", (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994.

Some sites show that section 31 was repealed, and some now show that it reads as follows...

Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31):

(31) The term "large capacity ammunition feeding device" -

( A ) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device

manufactured after the date of enactment of the Violent Crime

Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 that has a capacity of,

or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than

10 rounds of ammunition; but

( B ) does not include an attached tubular device designed to

accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire

ammunition.

No mention of a shotgun or 5 round limit...