Hello......and your opinion on my recent purchase

legion is another thing written on the side of gun to me.its not a guarantee of any more quality.mine ejects weird and mag changes are a lot more tricky than the regular saiga (due to being tight).i don't notice any difference in accuracy and the overall function is the same.it also has the old notched gas piston but i think others have the regular newest style.the cuts around the rear sight are smoother that's a plus....oh yeah and the top cover has that role in it,awesome.

I'd have to agree with Ben, after handling a legion next to the one I converted myself, I didn't notice much of a difference at all. As a matter of fact, except for furniture, and the gasblock and FSB, there really was no difference in finish and accuracy.

I know this is in the 7.62 area of the forum but I was trying to figure out about the "velcro"esque area on my newly purchased IZ240 in 5.45. Has the same Hermes import stamp on it as well as being Legion. Just picked mine up from Atlantic Firearms. I kinda freaked me out at first but I will probably be leaving mine after the conversion. Thank you for this thread and the clarification on the scrubbed out area on my receiver.

Did your rifle come with the PG hole cut? If so, I'll probably try to get one from CSS. Dimples, non-marking chamber, and PG hole is the trifecta I am looking for on my next build. Round vs. flat trunnion and threaded or not threaded is irrelevant to me.

Here ya go Calvin. Just removed the trigger guard and plate. Looks like you're good to go!

post-25498-0-85962600-1291260966_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...