Loading/Ejection issues

I have been having issues loading and ejecting shells from my Saiga-20. In addition to accuracy issues and I am not expecting dead on all the time as it is a smooth bore weapon. Everything was fine until I went deer hunting (about four months after purchase.) Since then I have gone to the range a few times and noticed that my shot placements were way off from where I had aimed. Mind you I know I am not the best shot there is but stationary on sandbags I was consistantly six inches to the right and an inch to two inches low. Per the loading issue the shell is getting caught going into the barrel. Ejection issues come about when the last shell comes is fired. I have taken about ten pictures and uploaded them to my website. They can be viewed at: http://faulteredreality.net/webpics/ .

Since there are many files and they are large in size I will try to include only the most important photos below but the others are there for different views and reference.

This is my supected cause of my problems. Due to my lack of knowledge and inability to find my manual/unable to make out the numbers from the photo on the online manual I have no idea what the below part is. Any help?

P5240017.gif

Photo trying to capture the jamming in action.

P5240019.gif

Picture of the shell having cut

P5240022.gif

If you happen to know where I can find that part please let me know also in advance any assistance is very much appreciated.

That first picture is the bolt and firing pin assembly. It strips the shell out of the magazine, rams it into the chamber, and (when struck by the hammer) fires the round. Your bolt looks normal, if a bit dirty.

A couple of questions: Are you overloading your mags? IE: 6 in a 5 round mag. Are you also using the right magazines? The 20ga seems to be very picky about running 2 3/4" ammo through the 3" magazine. I experienced numerous jams and other issues when using the wrong magazine.

As far as the "double load," I've run into that also. The only fix I've found is ejecting the magazine, and removing all the rounds that get stuck in there.

Reguarding your accuracy problems, what range are you shooting at? At 15 yards, 6 inches is a huge problem, while at 100 yards, it's great on my particular 20.

Rusty, thank you for the quick reply! I am using 2.75" slugs in my 2.75" magazine. I have never overloaded it and do not intend to. I made the mistake of leaving out how far I was shooting from at the range. This distance was 25 yards. At 50 yards this number doubles and makes me feel very insecure shooting my shotgun at the range (I know I am not an awesome shot but 12" right and 4" down is HORRIBLE!) What I was trying to capture with the picture of the bolt and firing pin assembly is that the grey metal piece, facing towards the top of your monitor in the photo, on the bolt/firing pin assembly sticks in towards the firing pin itself. This causes the bolt to not shut properly and it caught on the female end of the barrel. I am then require to slam the bolt in or smack the side of the receiver to make it seal with the barrel. Upon close inspection the brass colored "spring" for lack of a better term is visible. If you look at the other photos I have uploaded (http://faulteredreality.net/webpics/ if I did not reference it) there may be a better shot of what I was trying to capture with the bolt/firing pin assembly. Any other suggestions?

Are your slug hits off, when using the IRON SIGHTS???

Are the slugs GROUPING in a nice group, only shooting 6" to the one side, and low???? If you are getting a nice group, only off your point of aim, I would recommend the following fix....

You need to invest in a shotgun scope and siderail mount... This will allow you to reaquire a true point of aim, and then you should be able to shoot consistently where you want.

Try that... should fix you all right up!

:smoke:

The 20 does have both of those magazines. I purchased a scope mount on Monday from CDNN, should get it early next week, and will pick up a red dot soon. I'm still puzzled about the darn bolt/firing pin assembly but thanks for all the input so far. Yall are a great bunch of people.

That grey piece is the shell extractor. I've noticed it not quite closing the chamber if I slowly let the bolt go forward, but if I let it go, it closes every time. You might try soaking it in some solvent for an hour or so and see if you have some crap in the extractor spring.