K-Var Drop in Left Folding Stock

Sorry if this is a redundant post, I searched every way I could and didn't find anything here on it.

I've been looking at K-Vars AK-BFS side folding stock. It folds to the left and it's a "drop in" replacement for a fixed stock. The additional block looks like it would make it a tad longer, but the design could make the stock shorter to compensate. It looks like a good option for a left folder with minimal work involved. I was just wondering if anyone has seen it before and has any hands on experience with it.

It's selling on their site now for $135... went up about $30 over the past few months.

I have this stock on my SGL21 right now. It will never please the purists, but it is rather practical. It's very rugged and solid. You can bash a zombie's skull in with it. It does not move. The length of pull is rather long, but it's actually perfect for a big guy like me. The Warsaw Pact length stock that the rifle came with was rather unergonomic. I wrapped three layers of paracord around the top bar of metal, giving me half-decent cheek-weld.

Overall, I say that if you just care about practically of a a folder that's solid and has decent ergos and not the "proper looks", I say go for it.

post-10789-0-75605200-1290882196_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ThePants - I also have one of these side folding stocks attached to a Romanian .223 variant rifle. The stock is about maximum length for my self as mounted on the rifle I have it on. One could, with a bit of knowledge on metal cutting and re-attaching, cut the stock and reinforce it when shortening it. I would think that an inch or two cut down could be achieved, if the stock is too long, and for some if not many men and most women it would be too long, or as mine is right at the very edge of being too long. In my opinion as was mentioned above -this is a very solid stock and with some ingenuity, one can enhance it. I like it and recommend it - in my opinion it is a solid product and fits a nitche in one's stable of rifles - and being a bolt on and off type, one can switch rifles rather easily to experiment on differing combinations of how the stock works with front picatinny mounted verticle grips, or other stock options.

Thanks for the input and photo guys! They do make the AK-LSFB a solid folding stock that is made as a direct replacement for the triangle. It also has the trap for the cleaning kit. I think the length would be the same but would allow for a solid look.

The picture really helps. I don't think it looks bad at all, and definitely seems to be a lot less work for a left side folder, as long as the length isn't an issue for you.

Thanks for the input and photo guys! They do make the AK-LSFB a solid folding stock that is made as a direct replacement for the triangle. It also has the trap for the cleaning kit. I think the length would be the same but would allow for a solid look.

The picture really helps. I don't think it looks bad at all, and definitely seems to be a lot less work for a left side folder, as long as the length isn't an issue for you.

That AK-LSFB stock will only replace a triangle stock attached to an AK100 style internal rear trunnion. The triangle folder is welded to the AK-BFS.

That AK-LSFB stock will only replace a triangle stock attached to an AK100 style internal rear trunnion. The triangle folder is welded to the AK-BFS.

Oh, OK. I must have misunderstood. Thank you.