Looking for new conceal carry holster

I carry a 10 shot 45ACP concealed quite often. It's a little more difficult in the summer months, but still not impossible. My primary concealment holster is the Super Tuck from Crossbreed Holsters. It's the most comfortable one I've ever used.

Looking into a Cell Pal too, but that's going to be for a smaller frame pistol. The owner of Cell Pal demonstrates it with a 1911 though.

To keep bulk down, you may try a BLACKHAWK! brand holster.

They're very thin, com in many sizes, many brick & mortar shops stock them, they cost less than $15.00 & best of all, they're packaged in a blister pack that you can open so you can try all of them to see which one fits the gun.

The bad part, is the clip is plastic.

I like metal clips, being as they lock up to the pants & belt better, for a longer life time.

I carry a 10 shot 45ACP concealed quite often. It's a little more difficult in the summer months, but still not impossible. My primary concealment holster is the Super Tuck from Crossbreed Holsters. It's the most comfortable one I've ever used. Looking into a Cell Pal too, but that's going to be for a smaller frame pistol. The owner of Cell Pal demonstrates it with a 1911 though.

Yeah, I thought about checking out the super tuck, the Cell Pall really worked with a 1911? I guess it's a video, I'll look it up on youtube.

To keep bulk down, you may try a BLACKHAWK! brand holster.They're very thin, com in many sizes, many brick & mortar shops stock them, they cost less than $15.00 & best of all, they're packaged in a blister pack that you can open so you can try all of them to see which one fits the gun.The bad part, is the clip is plastic.I like metal clips, being as they lock up to the pants & belt better, for a longer life time.

The only Blackhawk holster that I have is a thigh holster, thing is tough as a tank, and the velcro is ridiculously strong. I've seen the ones you're talking about before, but never had the chance to try them out. I'll check that too, thanks Pauly.

+1 for the crossBreed holster, I also use a milt sparks.

I've never even seen one of those in person. How's the fit and feel?

If you're up for some custom leather, you cant go wrong with Ryan Grizzle.

I'll check them out. I'm not sure if I want to switch carry position from up front to the small of my back.

I checked out the cell pal, and it's a great concept! Unfortunately, I keep my cell phone in my pocket. If only that holster had a pants clip that was hidden by the belt, then I'd take a hard look at getting one.

If you're into shoulder holsters at all, I highly recommend the galco Miami series. I used one every day to carry my full size springfield right up until I decided to not care quite so much about being "super concealed", and got a serpa. I'll still get out the Galco on occasion when clothing doesn't permit me to wear such weight on my waist. Once adjusted well it's actually a very comfortable rig. I tried the Bianchi first, and it had a very sturdy holster but the straps for supporting it left much to be desired and the holster itself didn't allow it to be carried cocked and locked. Even working in close proximity with people, the Galco was very good at hiding itself even fully exposed. I was tattooing someone for about an hour before someone pointed out "hey that guy has a gun" everyone else looked around (trying to spot the mystery guy who nobody seen walk into the shop), only to have their friend say "no, the tattoo dude". And the extra mags on the other side with the basic 7 shots is a bonus too.

1911holster.jpg

ETA: I forgot to mention my "now daily" holster: the blackhawk serpa. It hangs off your side a little more than something IWB, but it's not a very big difference, especially if you're wearing a coat or even a light jacket/hoodie over it. I personally think it's also more comfortable than the IWB holsters I own and others I have tried.

Edited by XdamagedX

I'll be going to a gunshow this weekend, so hopefully I'll have a chance to try out some of these holsters, since most mentioned here are sold there.

I'm not so sure about the shoulder, it always felt a little weird to me, but if I had a chance to give it a try for an extended duration, I might get used to it. My carry piece is nothing special, just a Springfield GI Champion. Basic and true to the original 1911A1 is how I like it.

• 3 months later...

. . . My primary concealment holster is the Super Tuck from Crossbreed Holsters. It's the most comfortable one I've ever used. . .

+1

Yet for a full sized 1911, I would recommend a shoulder rig. . . IMHO an IWB holster just isn't going to cut it most of the time for such a large handgun. If you don't already own one, you might consider obtaining a back-up handgun; something smaller. You know what they say, "A .380 in the pocket is better than a .45 out in your car's trunk."

:rolleyes:

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

. . . My primary concealment holster is the Super Tuck from Crossbreed Holsters. It's the most comfortable one I've ever used. . .

+1

Yet for a full sized 1911, I would recommend a shoulder rig. . . IMHO an IWB holster just isn't going to cut it most of the time for such a large handgun. If you don't already own one, you might consider obtaining a back-up handgun; something smaller. You know what they say, "A .380 in the pocket is better than a .45 out in your car's trunk."

:rolleyes:

I always have a backup on me, Gary, but if I told ya where, I'd have to kill ya :P

I eventually got one of those super slim Uncle Mike's holsters, and it fits my 1911 like a glove. I've got no problem hiding it just wearing a semi-tight t-shirt.

• Like 1