OK!

I am NEW to the AR world... and not quite sure what I am needing...

I recently aquired an AR15 with a 6 position collapsible stock, BUT... I want to put on an ACE skeleton stock.

The collapsible stock has a shorter spring in it than I need for the skeleton stock...

SO...

I need to buy a STANDARD length spring, I believe, YES?

Also... do I need to buy a spring buffer as well? or can I use the one thats already in the rifle??

Any AR owners out there, if you can answer this for me, I would be greatly appreciative...

ALso... *WHERE* will I find the BEST PRICE on that spring ( and possibly buffer if I need that too) ???? gunbroker? or is there a website out there thats got the shiznits on great prices??

Thanks!!!

:smoke:

WOW!! thanks for the fast reply!!

$14.00 sound about right??? for the buffer and spring???

Thats what I was seeing for prices on a set at gunbroker... considering Numrich wants 33 bucks alone for the buffer... am I missing something? or are they just able to be had for THAT cheap on the auction sites???

Edited by IndyArms

it can be had cheaper, but it HAS to be the correct buffer and spring. the buffer you want is oh, 7" long? i think? the CAR stock one is about 4" long or so. roughly. do not interchange springs. you will fuck the gun up. you want an A2 type spring and buffer if i read this correctly.

it can be had cheaper, but it HAS to be the correct buffer and spring. the buffer you want is oh, 7" long? i think? the CAR stock one is about 4" long or so. roughly. do not interchange springs. you will fuck the gun up. you want an A2 type spring and buffer if i read this correctly.

If the one you need is the 7" one like Bvamp said I have one you can have it came along with the collapable stock I bought for my saiga. I can throw it in with the tap when I send it back.

The ones from the collapsible stocks should all be carbine buffers and springs.

If you are going to the longer ACE stock, you will need the Rifle length buffer tube, spring and buffer. If you going with the entry stock (ARFX), the tube is included and the carbine buffer and spring are the right ones.

I like Numrich for hard to find parts, in this case they are not the cheapest place.

Gunbroker is always a good place to shop for price, as well as -

Rock River Arms

Model 1 Sales

FWIW The A1 and A2 tubes are the same length.

Edited by Onepoint

I couldnt mount the ace stock on my saiga without the tube, now, could I???

LOL

Yes... I have the long tube... ARFX stock as well.... :)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=4357

Thats the stock I have...

now its going to come off the saiga and go on the AR... time to thumbhole that saiga... to match its brethren...