5.45 is Done

Thanks to Greg at Carolina Shooters Supply (CSS) and NMO on here for ideas, how to, and encouragement to do it myself.

DPH Stock, ACE folder hinge, CSS internal block adapter, hogue grip, CSS billet trigger guard, tapco/tromic CSS FCG pack, ultimak rail, PA red dot, krylon camo paint, olive and black. oh and krylon BBQ pit paint.

1. Very easy to do, had some headaches but nothing basic knowledge couldnt do. A dremel was a huge help for internal block and handguard. i didnt use the Bolt hold open and had to put some bend in the hammer spring legs to rest on the trigger, THANK YOU Greg. This was a lot of fun, I will make another one down the road, maybe a .12 or another 5.45 for my wife.

post-22449-0-36168100-1291933182_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks to Greg at Carolina Shooters Supply (CSS) and NMO on here for ideas, how to, and encouragement to do it myself.

DPH Stock, ACE folder hinge, CSS internal block adapter, hogue grip, CSS billet trigger guard, tapco/tromic CSS FCG pack, ultimak rail, PA red dot, krylon camo paint, olive and black. oh and krylon BBQ pit paint.

1. Very easy to do, had some headaches but nothing basic knowledge couldnt do. A dremel was a huge help for internal block and handguard. i didnt use the Bolt hold open and had to put some bend in the hammer spring legs to rest on the trigger, THANK YOU Greg. This was a lot of fun, I will make another one down the road, maybe a .12 or another 5.45 for my wife.

post-22449-0-67107300-1291933419_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks nice, great job on the conversion. Greg is crazy awesome! Get a field report on how it all holds up, I am interested in the ultimak gas tube/rail for an optic as well, let me know how it works out. I always thought it looked far away from my eye so i would have an issue focusing...

Looks nice, great job on the conversion. Greg is crazy awesome! Get a field report on how it all holds up, I am interested in the ultimak gas tube/rail for an optic as well, let me know how it works out. I always thought it looked far away from my eye so i would have an issue focusing...

I like the ultimak, but you have to chop a bunch of the handguard off. from the top about 1/2-3/4 in the length of the handguard or at least i did the length cause the notches I made looked like crap and really rough with the dremel. i like the folding stock but one thing i dont like is no cheek weld, but IDGAS i wanted a folder and like the dph has the quick detach stud in the stock.

Awesome paint job!

Very tasteful conversion.

I've just got mine (5.45) and want to move it closer to AKS-74/AK-101 look.

Foldable Ace looks great!

Do you like its length?

Thank you. i want to build another and do a wood ak-74 with the brake and bayonet as well.

the folder on my gun is a DPH folder and i like the length and before anyone points it out, i have the recoil pad on backwords :wacko: i wanted the tactical for my first. i want to send it off and have the barrel cut, a AAC comp welded on for the 16.1/4in barrel length with the gb/FS combo rifle dynamic does. it will be sweet with my AAC M42000 attached. but the wood build will be cool as well. if i can get a ak-74 brake threaded 1/2x28 i will be stoked!