Will my Saiga eat these shells?

I have a converted saiga 12. I haven't shot it in a while. I bought some 3" magnum buckshot. I think the saiaga is made for up to 3" shells but I can't remember. Also does it matter that they are magnum shells? I know magnum buckshot is not pleasant to shoot but its great for home protection.

All 3" are magnum loads. The three inch shell is the magnum for 12 gauge. As far as home defense, 3" buckshot shells are a little overkill. Even a light load 2 3/4" should be enough to knock a bad guy out of his shoes. With your ammo you risk over-penetration.

All 3" are magnum loads.  The three inch shell is the magnum for 12 gauge.  As far as home defense, 3" buckshot shells are a little overkill.  Even a light load 2 3/4" should be enough to knock a bad guy out of his shoes.  With your ammo you risk over-penetration.

Im not worried about overpenetration. If I had any kids I would worry.

Edited by SaigaFodder

3" shells are usually loaded with a heavier shot load. if you get some 3" slug loads or some 3" 9 pellet 00 buck though, it is loaded at max max something or other. 15 pellet buckshot is overkill at small room range (like a dark house). you might try 6's or 8's even. depends how big your house is I guess, if you want to get technical about it.