Falcon Folding Stock

I have the top one on one of my AKs. A very nice unit for the money and they are a great company to deal with.

Any moment now some moron will be along to tell you that he thinks that the tang extension is ugly. If this or his opinion is important to you, don't get it.

• Like 1

I'll be that moron Dorky D, but along with the extension being pretty ugly, Azial is even uglier. I could how ever eventually pull my self to excepting the stock ugliness. As for Azial not so much.

Another illiterate noob wasting bandwidth with comments on two subjects in which he has no real knowledge, stock design and me. Since the man has a picture as reference and asked for anyone with experience with the product of what possible use could your misspelled bit of gibberish regarding aesthetics be?

Perhaps you should spend more time on your 5th grade English homework and less time here posting useless crap? :lolol:

• Like 3

It looks like an Ace skeleton mounted on Falcon's foding unit for use without cutting the tang. Personally not my cup of tea aesthetically, and it folds right (a no-no for me), but has a good recommendation from a user that posts often and shoots a lot (even if his avatar pig IS ugly! :angel: ).

If you like it, looks like a winner!

I have the top one on one of my AKs. A very nice unit for the money and they are a great company to deal with.

Any moment now some moron will be along to tell you that he thinks that the tang extension is ugly. If this or his opinion is important to you, don't get it.

Luv ya like a brother Azrial but I have to call bust on this one bro. It's not because of the looks though, it's built like a cheap K Mart toy. That stock is a POS. Also the customer service sucks. I was ok with the stock at first because I don't have so much of a cocky ass attitude when it comes to folding stock extensions, which allow you to keep the tang. I like to change my setups around sometimes so it's nice to have at least a few of my Saigas with the tang intact...and still have the option to put a folder on them. I liked the look of the more 'Galilish' shape it had, so I was willing to look past the shitty pot metal it was made of with ugly finish.

IMO the Ace with exterior block is the best one, followed closely by the new K Var with the replica Russian folder...if you must have a folder but refuse to cut your tang.

So back to the Falcon Arms stock...I thought it was pretty sweet at first, for the money, like you said. Then I went to install it and found out it needs to be fitted to the receiver and the tang or it won't go on. That was true with my install anyway. This was on an RAAC imported S-12 BTW. It wasn't an issue with this particular Saiga though, it was the fact that the threaded holes for mounting the tang screws were not going in far enough to line up, because the stock needed fitting and the tang opening in the top of the stock was way too snug and needed some taken off that too (which would have screwed up the finish too) Thinking it was going to just fit snug for a great fit, like most other AK stocks, I started it in the receiver and then tapped the butt on the shop floor (thick rubber shop mat on concrete) til it was in as far as it would go. That's when I found out it was going to require some milling to be able to seat fully. By then it was in VERY snug, the way I like mine to fit, but unfortunately it HAD to come back out or the machine screw heads would not seat fully. The recoil spring wouldn't even go in, not to mention it looked like shit.

So I took a brass punch and a hammer and started tapping it back out (tapping...not slamming). That's when something popped off and hit the damned floor. I picked it up and said WTF!

Pics ....

post-1293-0-34305000-1294097037_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-92959600-1294097080_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-16228200-1294097153_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-52254300-1294097266_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-07856300-1294097467_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-97521900-1294097502_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-31764400-1294097544_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-97536600-1294097627_thumb.jpg

Before a certain prick comes along and implys that this was my fault, or that I broke the piece off by hammering against it there with my 3/4" thick brass punch...

THIS is where I had placed the punch while lightly tapping it with the hammer, same as you would with any AK stock you wanted to remove without marring the finish by prying or hitting it anywhere visible with a rubber mallet....

post-1293-0-85869900-1294099197_thumb.jpg

So what about customer service? Well...if it was me who decided for some dumb reason to use that shitty cast potmetal BS to make a stock for a military rifle, I would not ask any questions at all if a concerned customer called me on the phone and asked for a replacement or a refund, and politely explained, just as I did, exactly what happened (exactly what I have shown here) and why. They should have done nothing but ask me for an address to send an immediate replacement to.

But no....

Instead I was told after a 15 minute long distance call on my dime, that unless I would ship it back to them WITH a receipt, there was nothing they could do for me???

HA! What a POS!!

I even told the guy I would gladly email him these pictures so that they could address the issue for fitment on future MFGd stocks. If I recall correctly, I was told I could send the pics if I wanted, but they still needed a receipt and me to ship the stock to them, or they were unwilling to do anything. He wouldn't even agree to send me a replacement PART and let me disassemble the stock myself and replace it. That's BULLSHIT. If they wanted the stock back no problem. They should have sent me a shipping label inside the box with a new replacement stock, even if I had to send these pics as proof. You can count on MUCH better customer service from Cobra's Custom on ANY issue that arises.

Hmmm...airsoft maybe but not on any of my AKs....:nonono:

post-1293-0-22044000-1294098240_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It looks like an Ace skeleton mounted on Falcon's foding unit for use without cutting the tang. Personally not my cup of tea aesthetically, and it folds right (a no-no for me), but has a good recommendation from a user that posts often and shoots a lot (even if his avatar pig IS ugly! :angel: ).

If you like it, looks like a winner!

No bohound, it's not an Ace stock mounted to a FA block. It's a POS mounted to another POS.

• 2 years later...

Consider a Bonesteel arms stock. I just put one on my .223 Saiga and I like it. I purchased the Left folder but they are available as right folders also. The tang is not cut off to use these stocks. It appears to be well made and feels solid.

DI-Saiga1.jpg

DI-Saiga4.jpg