Federal XM127 vs LE127 buckshot

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but I'm looking for a bunch of SD/range ammo.

The LE127 flightcontrol full power load is what I want. SGammo has 250 rds for $179.

But they also carry "XM127" which comes in a military style can. 175 rounds for $100 which is about 13 cents cheaper/rd than the LE127. Both rounds spec to 1325 fps. Does anyone know if the XM127 has the flightcontrol wad? I'm wondering if the XM127 is the same thing, just cheaper due to no labeling and can packaging.

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/shotgun-ammunition

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but I'm looking for a bunch of SD/range ammo.

The LE127 flightcontrol full power load is what I want. SGammo has 250 rds for $179.

But they also carry "XM127" which comes in a military style can. 175 rounds for $100 which is about 13 cents cheaper/rd than the LE127. Both rounds spec to 1325 fps. Does anyone know if the XM127 has the flightcontrol wad? I'm wondering if the XM127 is the same thing, just cheaper due to no labeling and can packaging.

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/shotgun-ammunition

Holy hashish! They have some cheeaap ammo!

SGAmmo.com is the best. Every time I order from them, I get a shipping notice within 2-3 hours. Ammo is cheap and shipping is fast. Can't ask for more.

That said, I also was wondering about these two types of ammo and would love to see what others say. Barring that, I was just going to give SGAmmo a call and see what they say about them.

One thing is for sure with SGAmmo- sometimes the better ammo is actually cheaper because they purchase production overruns or cancelled LE orders. If you own pistols, check out their prices on Ranger T-Series. Their prices make it cheap enough to practice LOTS with your SD ammo (though not cheap enough to replace your range ammo).

I've placed a LOT of orders with SG - their prices are simply unbeatable. It is worth buying in bulk from them - whether I am ordering a box of .380 or 400rds of buckshot, postage always seems to be $12 shipped UPS (usually arrives within 48hrs after I place the order).

Yesterday I received my 175rds - Federal 12 Gauge High Power OO Buck Shot XM12700AC in Ammo Can from Cabela's (ordered during their black Friday sale). It was $99.99 plus free shipping making them .57 a round. Haven't tried any out yet, but so far I like them because they were cheaper than anything local and I got a cool can.

Shipping is always such a big deal when buying ammo online.

Was doing numbers with shipping at SGAmmo. For the same set up:

1 (175 w/1 can) @ 99.95 plus 16 shipping = .66 a round

2 (350 w/2 cans) @ 189.90 plus 25 shipping = .61 a round

3 (525 w/3 cans) @ 284.85 plus 40 shipping = .62 a round

4 (700 w/4 cans) @ 379.80 plus 46 shipping = .61 a round

I ordered 2 dry boxes of this around a month ago and it does not have the flitecontrol wad. Still good buckshot though.

I wonder how much of a difference the flightcontrol wad makes?

I watched some videos of the flightcontrol buckshot on youtube, and it's extremely impressive at 25 yards, very compact.

Yesterday I received my 175rds - Federal 12 Gauge High Power OO Buck Shot XM12700AC in Ammo Can from Cabela's (ordered during their black Friday sale). It was $99.99 plus free shipping making them .57 a round. Haven't tried any out yet, but so far I like them because they were cheaper than anything local and I got a cool can.

Shipping is always such a big deal when buying ammo online.

Was doing numbers with shipping at SGAmmo. For the same set up:

1 (175 w/1 can) @ 99.95 plus 16 shipping = .66 a round

2 (350 w/2 cans) @ 189.90 plus 25 shipping = .61 a round

3 (525 w/3 cans) @ 284.85 plus 40 shipping = .62 a round

4 (700 w/4 cans) @ 379.80 plus 46 shipping = .61 a round

Same here. I got a can when they had that deal because of the free shipping and good price. I haven't even opened it up yet.. but I figured it would be cheap enough to check out and get some more if I like it.

I was actually considering making that my range round for the S-12, but I recently discovered that mine now likes the RIO Royal stuff.. which is dirt ass cheap. My S-12 wouldn't cycle it for shit, even on factory plug setting #2 before I converted. Now that she's converted and polished.. It cycles like a dream with the gunfixer plug on +1. Go figure...

Anyway, that delayed my testing on the XM127 since I've found I can blast something cheaper. The LE127 is good stuff too though. I've shot about 50 or 60 of those and it looked pretty good out around 30yds.

Just for having fun at the range, if you're going to shoot a lot, I would go with whatever the cheapest buckshot I could cycle was. Get a small supply of something good for your HD round, test it for function and performance in your HD gun, and make sure you shoot enough of it that you feel you trust the round, and save the rest.