Like many others, mine is somewhat self explanatory.....

In what seems a former life :rolleyes: , I was in the U.S. Army as an Infantry Soldier. After getting my Schedule 40 and completing Airborne School, I went to RIP and then onto the U.S. Army Ranger School at Ft. Benning, GA. Graduating in late 1988, I EARNED my Black Beret, and my tab.

In June of 2001, Army Chief of Staff General Eric Shinseki ordered that all soldier's, upon completion of basic training, shall be issued two Black Berets with a blue flash with white stars on it.

Rangers had to change to Tan Berets then. I was already out however, so I never had to do that.

*edit to add* "SUA SPONTE" means "Of their own accord" in Latin. It is the moto of the 75th Ranger Regiment. I was attached to the 3rd Bat out of Benning.

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

Befor I landed here I bounced around on a few car forums. I've been hanging onto a '66 401ci buick nailhead engine...

one day while searching for parts for said engine i ran across this pic of a poor soul who got six nails in his head...

the internet is a wonderful place.