Which one would you choose

Ok so I've got a buttload of stuff in the mail along with my 7.62 and am now looking at optics. I'm new to rifles and this will be my first red dot. I'm a casual user so I don't want to get too crazy with money. There are so many choices out there it's a bit overwheling but I've been eyeing two in particular.

Tasco Propoint 1x32mm 5 MOA Red Dot Rifle Scope PDTS132

Bushnell Trophy 1x32 Riflescope Matte Red & Green T Dot 730132P

There both close in price so that's not really an issue. I probably like the look of the Tasco better, plus It has lens covers. I don't like the look of the forward mount so I will be using a UTG. Any other suggestion in that price range would be helpful. Thanks.

I almost got the Bushnell T dot a week ago, but found a few friends saying it has no cheek weld on an AK.

I ended up buying a Bushnell Trophy TRS25, about $93, less muss and fuss, still get the 3 moa dot plus a good cheek weld.

Better battery life too, comes Friday. I'll answer any questions about it when it comes if you want.

However of the two the Bushnell is better IMO.

On an ulltimak rail the trs 25 co-wittness's perfect, or at least on my AMD 65 it does.. It dosn't on my cheap quad rail on my Draco. Your results may vary.

I really do like the TRS 25. As of yet haven't heard too much bad about. Seems well built, light, Decent battery life 3000 hrs + or -.

I have never heard of anybody melting down with one.

Edited by whitetrashrn

I'll be getting a side rail low mount. I've heard good things about the TRS-25 it's just a little small for my liking, I feel like the rifle dwarfs it. Also, don't those have to be mounted in the forward position?

Edited by BrntWS6

simply put - the holographic optics are just about worthless on an AK.

They can't take the heat of the Ultimak, and are way to high to get any sort of cheek weld - most people have to either chin weld or nothing at all.

The micro sight on an ultimak is THE best AK optic solution on the market right now.

Anyone says anything differently they are trying to sell you something.

(like me - hopefully soon. . . :zorro:)

118_2921.jpg

Found this pic of a Vortex Strikefire on a Saiga and it looks pretty good with the side mount. It came like this from Peach State Guns so I'm guessing it fires true. The Vortex comes with a lifetime warrenty and is only $150.00, Gander Mountain sells them so if I don't like it I can just return it. I haven't heard any bad thing abou this red dot since they beefed up the electronics. This is the one I'm gonna order.

The micro sight on an ultimak is THE best AK optic solution on the market right now.

Anyone says anything differently they are trying to sell you something.

(like me - hopefully soon. . . :zorro:)

:lolol: I agree on the Ultimak/micro combo, though your co-witnessing side mount looks promising too. :super:

Edited by Corbin

Found this pic of a Vortex Strikefire on a Saiga and it looks pretty good with the side mount. It came like this from Peach State Guns so I'm guessing it fires true. The Vortex comes with a lifetime warrenty and is only $150.00, Gander Mountain sells them so if I don't like it I can just return it. I haven't heard any bad thing abou this red dot since they beefed up the electronics. This is the one I'm gonna order.

That appears to be the Tim Heffron from Kalinka Optics. Decent mount, but cant take the recoil for long.