still got a lot of practice to do

Was out attempting to sight my 5.45 since I pinned the FSB.

Walked off 30 long strides to get the 25 meter(ish) length, rested the rifle on a step stool while kneeling. Fired five and checked, adjusted front sight and repeated. Didn't wait long between shots...just let one go after the other. Getting close, still got a lot of practice to do.

545T2.jpg?t=1295312513

Second pic is with the red dot...fairly quick ten rounds. It's almost like cheating with the dot.

545T1.jpg?t=1295312583

Except that the range was ~ 25 meters.

DOH!!!!:wacko: And I instruct this stuff...... Things slip past when you aren't pating attn.

LOL...thats why I said I need more practice (and to slow down between shots).

Next time out I will walk off more yards and take my time. I'm with Dudethebagman...I will be happy to keep them on paper at 100yards. Those little red dots seem to go away with iron sights the further I go back.

You guys may have heard me talk about it before, but I've put 5 shots on paper with a 7" spread at 500 yards, so don't just settle for the 8.5x11 at 100 yards pattern.

I know...I read the thread. Very impressive, your one hell of a shot.

At what distance do you start using a scope...100+?

Practice gives me an excuse to go shooting (especially my carry piece).

You guys may have heard me talk about it before, but I've put 5 shots on paper with a 7" spread at 500 yards, so don't just settle for the 8.5x11 at 100 yards pattern.

With irons??? That is called knowing your rifle. Very encouraging.

In the OP it states the distance to be around 25 meters. That's combat zero for Systema Kalashnikova,da? :unsure:

Remember there is a difference in meters and yards.

That counts in MOA, if one wants to get technical.

Nice shooter, looks like a great Minute Of Man (MOM) rifle!

I have a Mojo aperture sight on it and a really thin front sight post, and shot an 8" group at 200 yards on Sunday. For some reason the scope really cuts down group size. I put the scope on if I'm going to be going past 250 or 300 yards, or shooting for group size.

Edited by toshbar
  • Like 1

In the OP it states the distance to be around 25 meters. That's combat zero for Systema Kalashnikova,da? :unsure:

Remember there is a difference in meters and yards.

25 yards versus meters is 75 vs. 78 feet. Not much to affect drop or group size at that range, but it does come into play around 300 yards/meters.

I didn't have paper but recently I took my 5.45 out to just function test after reconfiguring it, and using a real 74 brake, I was hitting a metal T-post staked as a lot marker at about 75yds wiith the irons.

These are accurate rifles. I'm not the best shot in the world either but I was hitting a roughly 2" stake from that far away just standing. Compared to my 7.62, this thing is a precison target rifle! Lol.

I have a Mojo aperture sight on it and a really thin front sight post, and shot an 8" group at 200 yards on Sunday. For some reason the scope really cuts down group size. I put the scope on if I'm going to be going past 250 or 300 yards, or shooting for group size.

Nice...thanks for info.

I didn't have paper but recently I took my 5.45 out to just function test after reconfiguring it, and using a real 74 brake, I was hitting a metal T-post staked as a lot marker at about 75yds wiith the irons.

These are accurate rifles. I'm not the best shot in the world either but I was hitting a roughly 2" stake from that far away just standing. Compared to my 7.62, this thing is a precison target rifle! Lol.

Yup, my 5.45 seems easier to be accurate with than the 7.62...so far.

The 7.62 shoots better than me with GT than any Wolf I've ran. Got some Tulas for the 5.45 so I wouldn't have to clean it right away after sighting, I ended up running a lot corrosive through her because it was a nice day, and the first time I ever had to sight in something I worked on...let alone a red dot. The spam can was way more precise.