Help with a Krinkov Buy or Build

I am in the market to build or buy a Krink. I would like a Tula or Bulgy side folder kit. I fould a guy selling new US barrels. I just need to find a kit and a receiver. I was thinking a Nodak receiver. Any others? My other option is to buy one built but my budget is only $1500. I will have someone build it for me. Like redjacket or EFI.

Thanks

Ralph

• Like 1

Don't get a US barrel, get an East German or Bulgarian and have it reprofiled. Much safer route...the jury is still out on US made barrels because they all seem to be out of spec at around .218 instead of .213 or .214

NinerRider has a cut down East German 5.45 barrel with the regular 1 in 8 twist. There was concern the twist rate wasn't 1 in 6 and that accuracy might suffer but it hasn't, it seems to be more accurate by a tad than my Bulgarian 5.45 with 1 in 6 factory barrel.

Z

IMHO the American barrels are crap, I think that the guy selling the barrels "Bluejack" is having a hard time selling them because they are cut to the wrong bore size .218 instead of .213 -.214. If I were you I would have Loner42 aka Chuck cut down and reprofile an E.G or Bulgarian barrel, I did that as well as many others and have had really great results. It may be tight getting one built for $1500.00, I think parts alone for my build added up to $1150.00. Getting someone like Red Jacket or Mario to build it for $350.00 ain't going to happen, those guys will run at least $500-$700. Here are pics of mine I built myself.

post-22225-0-85463300-1295925475_thumb.jpg

post-22225-0-33581200-1295925511_thumb.jpg

First three shots out of the E.G. Barrel at 35yds

post-22225-0-16852300-1295925530_thumb.jpg

Don't get a US barrel, get an East German or Bulgarian and have it reprofiled. Much safer route...the jury is still out on US made barrels because they all seem to be out of spec at around .218 instead of .213 or .214

NinerRider has a cut down East German 5.45 barrel with the regular 1 in 8 twist. There was concern the twist rate wasn't 1 in 6 and that accuracy might suffer but it hasn't, it seems to be more accurate by a tad than my Bulgarian 5.45 with 1 in 6 factory barrel.

Z

Big Tad :haha: Just kidding! Gangsta shooting the precious!

post-22225-0-96535100-1295926946_thumb.jpg

Edited by NinerRider

Ok maybe its more than a tad, I've never shot 3 holes touching with irons on my AKSU

Thug Life with the Precious!

Z

Glad you were there as my witness, had I not shot that group myself I would call bullshit on anyone claiming that tight of a group with an 8" barrel. Now the real test is if I could do it again. Let's say we know the gun is capable, the shooter as always is the questionable part. Good luck at the class and don't freeze your ass off.

copied from the ak forum

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=141475

100_7337.jpg

74U LLC has just what you need for the Tula kit. I didn't post it before because I was not sure I could. Mods please delete if it is a no no.

currently taking orders for the 1986 specific Tula AKS-74U receiver.

These will have all the features of my standard receivers plus features that are correct specifically for the Tula AKSU.

Features that are made more correct/authentic for the Tula AKSU include....

-Magwell dimples

-Axis pin dimples

-Selector markings

-Selector detents

-Spot welds,

-NO reinforcement plate

They will be fully heat treated, have custom serial #'s and come black oxided.

Price for the Tula AKSU receiver is $200 shipped.

Some available options include...

-Stamp in your SBR info ($15-$30 depending on amount of info needed)

-Drill the front trunnion rivet holes to your trunnion and dimple the holes that use the countersunk rivet heads

(send me your trunnions and I drill and dimple to match, includes return shipping of your trunnions with receiver $35)

To place an order or for more info email me at :ph34r:pm for email :ph34r: I will send a reply with ordering info.

Please put "Tula AKSU" in the email title so I can easily sort them. Include in the email your forum name if you are a member here. I may PM you if I have any quick questions or updates.

100_7343.jpg

100_7340.jpg

Loner42 on The AK forum will do your barrel work for you if you dont want the US barrel. here are some of his pics

005udg.jpg

008ab.jpg

tulabarrel1.jpg

Edited by madmax4x4

Thanks for all the help. I send a email of for the receiver. I found a new unissued East German AK74 barrel for $125. How much does it cost to have turned down? I already bought the last nodak spud receiver that was in stock. I would really rather have on of these though with custom serial numbers and pre SBR'd. It would be nice to do a form 3 transfer as I am a SOT. I am starting to buy the parts. However if the right rifle came along I would buy it. I see a few but when you are gonna spend upwards of $1800 you want things a certain way.

Thanks

Ralph

Thanks for all the help. I send a email of for the receiver. I found a new unissued East German AK74 barrel for $125. How much does it cost to have turned down? I already bought the last nodak spud receiver that was in stock. I would really rather have on of these though with custom serial numbers and pre SBR'd. It would be nice to do a form 3 transfer as I am a SOT. I am starting to buy the parts. However if the right rifle came along I would buy it. I see a few but when you are gonna spend upwards of $1800 you want things a certain way.

Thanks

Ralph

One of the front trunnion holes is off 16th with my 86 Tula kit and the nodak receiver. not a big deal but for the price of the kit along I will prefer the 47U LLC. The NFA engraving he put on it is your info to do a Form 1 not to transfer it on a form 3. not sure what the cost to cut the barrel down is I know it was a good deal.

• Like 1

Thanks

Ralph

One of the front trunnion holes is off 16th with my 86 Tula kit and the nodak receiver. not a big deal but for the price of the kit along I will prefer the 47U LLC. The NFA engraving he put on it is your info to do a Form 1 not to transfer it on a form 3. not sure what the cost to cut the barrel down is I know it was a good deal.

I have sent a email a few days ago and have not heard back when are these shipping yet they look great.

Thanks

Ralph

E.G. Barrels from Arms of America are $99.00 to the door for $113.00. Chuck has different prices depending on what you want done but he will turn and profile the barrel for $75.00

• Like 1

Thanks for the info you guys have made this much easier for me. Is it a big deal if I were to build a kit on a NDS receiver with the pistol grip reinforcement? I think I may buy 2 kits:) This way I can have one while I wait on the other receivers to become available. Then I can sell the one with the plate:) I am asking if buyers will care?

E.G. Barrels from Arms of America are $99.00 to the door for $113.00. Chuck has different prices depending on what you want done but he will turn and profile the barrel for $75.00

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bought the barrel spoke to the machinist. So I have this nodak spud rcvr. I either would like to get russian selector markings on this one or wait for the above Rcvr to become available. Who does these markings if I decide on that? I need to find a builder... Recommendations. I want a great job done.

Thanks

Ralph